Absence of local C-Max advertising

AudenHoggart

I've noticed that local Ford dealers in the St. Louis area almost never include the C-Max in their listings of advertised new cars.  Is this common across the country?

Is this because of short supply, perceived lack of demand, lack of national Ford incentives to dealers to sell C-Maxes, or is something else going on?

In MN it seems that they'll list the C-Max in adds on occasion but never the Fusion Hybrid. Supply is very limited here or both hybrids and Energis. It seems that many dealers have already sold out of their allocation and Ford will not give them more even though they have customers wanting to buy them. At least that's what a couple dealers have claimed when I have asked.

C-Maxes aren't advertised here in the newspapers at all.  I see big ads for other Ford models, but none for C-Max.  Yet dealers here have lots of C-Maxes that haven't sold over the past few months.  I did ask at the dealership why this was and just got a shrug of the shoulders from our salesman.