Check Engine Light Code P043E

KAL Cmax

Maybe a result of over-filling the gas tank?

I have only filled up 4 times. I do round up to the closest $0.25. So I don't think that would cause it, or maybe it would. Although it seems to come on at about a half tank when the EVAP check would cycle. Bringing it in Monday for the dealership to check. I will post the outcome.

KAL, if you keep pumping gas to get to the nearest 25 cents after it has clicked off, then your mpg numbers will be off, usually lower than they could be.

I agree, to me a 3%-5% variance between the pump and car is acceptable. I just try to be consistent about it. I do love CPU mpg along with pump mpg. I am about -1 mpg according to the pump. Perfectly happy with those numbers. Puts the 19 mpg I used to get with my Highlander to shame.

KAL, if you keep pumping gas to get to the nearest 25 cents after it has clicked off, then your mpg numbers will be off, usually lower than they could be.

I agree, to me a 3%-5% variance between the pump and car is acceptable. I just try to be consistent about it. I do love CPU mpg along with pump mpg. I am about -1 mpg according to the pump. Perfectly happy with those numbers. Puts the 19 mpg I used to get with my Highlander to shame.