New problem since 3.5.1 upgrade

mtb9153

Today was running around enjoying some great mpg numbers and suddenly up on the MFT screen I get a yellow triangle telling me to insert a different SD card.  It said insert SD card in the upper right hand corner as well.  What gives?  A trip to the dealer might be on the horizon?

Be careful with that - as I had this once and it caused a Check Engine to appear - believe it or not! But true as I have the Service Report doc to prove it. Check your SD card says "A4" on it as well.

should "A4" be physically written on the SD card somewhere?

I'll go out in the garage and check, be back in a second with my findings.

Ok back and I think I know what happened.  When I opened the lid on the armrest and looked st the SD card it was not inserted, somehow it got pushed and was released from lock position.  I was fiddling with one of the USB ports to hook up my GoPro for recharging with the supplied camera.  Could that of hurt anything while being released from lock?  BTW it said A4 update

Edited by mtb9153

I just received a letter dated June 2013 from Ford Motor Company asking me to make an appointment at my dealership to have the "Updated V3.5" for MyFord Touch system installed free of charge.    In this letter they refer to the "SYNC with MyFord Touch Customer Satisfaction Program 13A01."  Is this the version you guys are referring to above?  If so, what is the reference to V3.5.1?  Have they already come out with an update to the update?  What known issues has this update solved, clock time, etc.?  Has anyone identified any new issues create by this update yet?   What is the reference to an SD A4 card all about?  It sounds like the V3.5 Update comes with an SD card that must be kept in the SD slot at all times??  If so, that sounds unusual to me as it makes this SD slot unusable for any other device doesn't it?

By-the-way Jus-A-CMax , I just returned from a round trip to South Lake Tahoe (over 900 miles).  Used ECO cruise whenever I could and kept her just a little under 70 MPG the whole trip and averaged 39.6 :happy feet:!  In fact, on the return trip we went over Monitor Pass to avoid the construction delays at Topaz Lake.  Although this is the most direct route, it has some hellish grads that eat up your MPG so I was not maximizing my route selection to max MPG either!  I think that is pretty good for a fully loaded car and two adults driving a normal highway speeds! :)

Edited by Generalbeluga

I just received a letter dated June 2013 from Ford Motor Company asking me to make an appointment at my dealership to have the "Updated V3.5" for MyFord Touch system installed free of charge.    In this letter they refer to the "SYNC with MyFord Touch Customer Satisfaction Program 13A01."  Is this the version you guys are referring to above?  If so, what is the reference to V3.5.1?  Have they already come out with an update to the update?  What known issues has this update solved, clock time, etc.?  Has anyone identified any new issues create by this update yet?   What is the reference to an SD A4 card all about?  It sounds like the V3.5 Update comes with an SD card that must be kept in the SD slot at all times??  If so, that sounds unusual to me as it makes this SD slot unusable for any other device doesn't it?

By-the-way Jus-A-CMax , I just returned from a round trip to South Lake Tahoe (over 900 miles).  Used ECO cruise whenever I could and kept her just a little under 70 MPG the whole trip and averaged 39.6 :happy feet:!  In fact, on the return trip we went over Monitor Pass to avoid the construction delays at Topaz Lake.  Although this is the most direct route, it has some hellish grads that eat up your MPG so I was not maximizing my route selection to max MPG either!  I think that is pretty good for a fully loaded car and two adults driving a normal highway speeds! :)

Hi General,

13A01 is Ford-speak for what we on the Forum have been calling  the 3.5.1 upgrade. And it comes with an A4 SD card so the navigation will work with the upgrade.

My installation went fine, but some are reporting problems. Check with your dealership to see how many they have done so far and what, if any, problems they've experienced.

Hi General,

13A01 is Ford-speak for what we on the Forum have been calling  the 3.5.1 upgrade. And it comes with an A4 SD card so the navigation will work with the upgrade.

My installation went fine, but some are reporting problems. Check with your dealership to see how many they have done so far and what, if any, problems they've experienced.

The actual TSB number is 13-6-17.  It delivers MFT Version 3.51. which is, in turn, made up of upgrades to several individual software components (each of which has there own unique version designation).  Snorkel around the SYNC-my-ride site for you VIN and you can get the component version details.  But no info as to bugs fixed, etc.; just overall "improvements."

Edited by Bill-N

Hi General,

Thanks Adair for the information!  My C Max has the fancy large LCD screen but, I did not choose to pay the $1,200 for the factory Navigation option.  Instead, I downloaded "SYNC Destinations" software for free on my iPhone and it provides me with great turn by turn directions on my SYNC screen so long as I keep my SYNC membership up.  Doing the math, I figured that I could pay the annual SYNC membership fee of $60 (at current rates) for about 23 years (first 3 years are free) before I would break even with the $1200 cost of the factory Navi system upgrade.  I'm pretty sure that I will have a new car by then.  ;) Can I assume that I do not need the SD card if I don't have the factory Navi software upgrade or will I still need it to support the free SYNC Destinations software that I have?  

Well, that was quite a deal!!! Does it show the maps and everything?

As for your question, my *guess* would be that you don't need it, since the app is thru your phone/SYNC membership, but I don't know for sure.

No, there is a trade off in the mapping detail.  SYNC Destinations software on your smart phone (available on-line free for both iPhone and Android phones) gives you voice directions, (i.e., take exit #27, merge into left lane, turn right onto Sunset Blvd, take I 405 north for 63 miles then exit at exit #27, etc)  The mapping provided is an arrow showing the direction to take at the next action point and the miles left to get there.  It is displayed in the upper right quadrant of the LCD screen.  It doesn't show a mapping of the surrounding area as in the factory Navi version but, I find it more than adequate and a steal at the $0 price, especially if you planned on renewing your SYNC annual subscription anyway, which most of us will for the many other benefits it provides.   

Edited by Generalbeluga

We have had our new C-Max SE for 3 days now. We love the Ford so far, thank goodness we stopped to look at the C-Max before buying a Prius or Lexus CT200H (my original choice.)

However the more I read about MFT problems, the more I am grateful we just have the base SYNC system. Hope Ford takes care of you guys with MFT,  these kinds of problems are inexcusable. I would have liked to have the better-sounding Sony radio, but the wife is perfectly happy, so I am happy as well.