Sales guy thinks he's funny....and the seat warmers are very warm

spyburn

I picked up my CMax yesterday, and even though I've spent 2 months reading every post on this forum, studying my owners manual, etc., I let the guy go through his demo of where everything is, what it does, etc.  We've bought several vehicles from this guy and we like his quirky sense of humor and the insanely funny stories he tells us.

So he's got me paging through the various displays and he reaches across me pointing out various features while I'm thinking, "Dude!  Shut it!  I just wanna drive it!!".  I hear my husband chuckle a bit from the back seat where he's watching this exchange and I think he's just read my mind.  

I am a woman "of a certain age" and my husband has told me he thinks I contribute to global warming.  I'm sitting there trying to concentrate on the demo and I'm getting hotter and hotter and hotter...  I'm thinking, "Oh crap.....I'm going to melt in here" and I turn up the blower on the A/C and lower the temperature to "Arctic Blow".  

About the time the sales guy reminds us that we will get a survey asking how he did I notice the heated seat is set to 5.  My profanity filters went straight out the window and I called him everything I could think of, plus I made up a few colorful phrases.  He and my husband were both laughing so hard I thought they were going to hurt themselves (and I wouldn't have felt the least bit sorry for them either!!).

Seat warmers are very warm, in case there are people out there who were wondering.  And they get warm extremely fast when it's a record setting temperature day of 108.  On the positive side, I also discovered that I can reach both the passenger in the front and the back without having to twist myself around!

That's fantastic! Did anyone film this for posterity?  :hysterical:

Not to my knowledge.  But if it shows up on a new CMax ad in the future, I'd better get compensated for pain and suffering.   :finger:  Or was that pain and suffering I inflicted on sales guy and husband?  I get so confused.  Honestly officer, I was suffering from heat stroke!  I can't be held responsible for my actions!

Not to my knowledge.  But if it shows up on a new CMax ad in the future, I'd better get compensated for pain and suffering.   :finger:  Or was that pain and suffering I inflicted on sales guy and husband?  I get so confused.  Honestly officer, I was suffering from heat stroke!  I can't be held responsible for my actions!

"Ford C-MAX Hybrid: seat heaters so strong, they'll move you to heat-stroke-induced rage!  Ford: rage further."

Funny, I notice a Brand New 2013 Ford C-MAX lined up with a dozen others on a local Ford Dealerships lot here in South FL and noticed along with the optional Moon Roof option, it had the Winter Cold Weather Package too.  Heated exterior mirrors and seats for South FL?  I figured, someone screwed up and entered the wrong Option Code # when the Vehicle was ordered.  I then noticed it was originally ordered and delivered to a Ford Dealership in upstate NY and somehow must have gotten swapped to the Dealership down here over 1200 miles away!  Wonder how long that C-MAX will linger unless the buyer likes everything else and figures the extra cost is worth the 10 week wait to special order.