What accessories or add-ons would like you to see for the C-Max

mnrobitaille

I's love it if the horn was a softer touch, so you could just tap it for a "friendly" toot, instead of pushing real hard like you are trying to squash something.

And an optional PV panel on the roof with a trickle charger would be cool.

Softer touch horn like the 2102 Fusion has? We loaned one from the dealership while the liftgate update was installed, & the 3.5.1 update was tried to be installed. The horn was so sensitive you barely touched it, & it sounded. It would be interesting if they put in solar panels on the roof as a means to gain additional charge, especially with the new release out about switching the C-Max Hybrid to perform like the C-Max Energi.

It would be interesting if they put in solar panels on the roof as a means to gain additional charge, especially with the new release out about switching the C-Max Hybrid to perform like the C-Max Energi.

I would really like to see that. If they could do that, I would probably trade up for it the day it's released.

I don't think you'd be able to get enough power. The Prius has a solar roof and they just run a fan air circulator (which I wouldn't mind)

I would love to have a built in solar powered ventilator fan for hot summer parking.

I have used aftermarket in-the-window solar vent fans in several cars.  In cars with rear windows with straight sides they work great.  When the car is parked, the interior temp never goes above the ambient temp and the air ducts don't get filled with superheated air. 

Get rid of the blinking white circle on the nav!!!!

+1 million. Stupidest thing I've seen since Microsoft Bob. What were they thinking? "Oh, let's add a useless blinking circle in case the driver can't find the red icon that is always in the center of the screen!"

Although, this is neither an accessory or add-on. Returning to topic I offer: a trash container for the door pockets that can be removed.

Edited by ArizonaEnergi

I would love to have a built in solar powered ventilator fan for hot summer parking.

I have used aftermarket in-the-window solar vent fans in several cars.  In cars with rear windows with straight sides they work great.  When the car is parked, the interior temp never goes above the ambient temp and the air ducts don't get filled with superheated air. 

Have you tried w/ the C-Max?  What brand?  I've seen very mixed reviews on those things.

I love this car.  The only thing I would SO appreciate is adjustable visors.  I came from a car that had them and being able to slide them over to be in position to block that low sun coming in the windshield is necessary for me.  At this point I hold my hand in position to block that sun while driving to work in the morning.  I know there are after market contraptions I can put on the visor, but they look cheap and crappy.  I looked at static cling stuff to put on the windshield, but that would look crappy, too.  The stuff that's already on there doesn't do the trick because it is too high on the windshield to block that low sun. 

Have you tried w/ the C-Max?  What brand?  I've seen very mixed reviews on those things.

Haven't tried it yet.  I need to see if I still have one of the aftermarket solar vent fans. 

Also, in order for this to work the fan needs to pull air through the vehicle's ventilation system.  In older cars I used the solar fan in (e.g., 1983 Tercel or 1987 Camry wagon) this meant having the system set on fresh air (not on recirc).  I recall reading something about the ventilation system in the C-Max closing the vents when the car is turned off.  I thought this was odd when I read it.  I just searched through the C-Max owners manual and could find anything about this.

Haven't tried it yet.  I need to see if I still have one of the aftermarket solar vent fans. 

Also, in order for this to work the fan needs to pull air through the vehicle's ventilation system.  In older cars I used the solar fan in (e.g., 1983 Tercel or 1987 Camry wagon) this meant having the system set on fresh air (not on recirc).  I recall reading something about the ventilation system in the C-Max closing the vents when the car is turned off.  I thought this was odd when I read it.  I just searched through the C-Max owners manual and could find anything about this.

Couldn't you just crack a window in the opposite corner?

I love this car.  The only thing I would SO appreciate is adjustable visors.  I came from a car that had them and being able to slide them over to be in position to block that low sun coming in the windshield is necessary for me.  At this point I hold my hand in position to block that sun while driving to work in the morning.  I know there are after market contraptions I can put on the visor, but they look cheap and crappy.  I looked at static cling stuff to put on the windshield, but that would look crappy, too.  The stuff that's already on there doesn't do the trick because it is too high on the windshield to block that low sun. 

Yes I agree with this since my previous ride a Saturn Vue had adjustable side curtains which could be pulled out for more sun protection in the evenings.

The stereo system is a bit lacking, esp compared to the shaker 500 system my mustang had.

the storage space in the center console is awkward, but spacious. That could be improved somehow.

And I think I'll get an aftermarket net for the back. I've already lost a jar of salsa to my carelessness, lol

• 3 weeks later...

Power passenger seat w/SEL package and Drivers memory seat. My wife are always having to change the seat position. For her she can get in and then adjust the seat. For me I can't get in, I adjust the seat back, get in and adjust the seat to my position. My F150 has the memory seat feature but I am the only ne that drives it. Wish I could switch it to the C-MAX.

I'll second that the center console storage is awkward.  Wish there were a coin tray (thinking about somehow sticking one underneath the parking brake).  Also, given how huge the console is, there must be a lot of dead space in there, so some sort of additional storage compartment would be nice.

Also, the glove box needs work, things constantly fall off of the top shelf.  What were they thinking?

The solar-powered ventilation would be really nice, esp. on a hot day.

Separate HVAC controls for the back seat (driver and passenger are already separate, why not one more zone?).

On the SE model, something besides compass and efficiency leaves on the right display.  What a waste.  Not sure why the entertainment module can't display there.