New Owner 101

Fiona

My car should arrive any day now. I'd love it if someone would give me some advice on what I should and shouldn't do.  Like lock or don't lock = dead battery? Should I have gotten some extras like all-weather floor mats or the plastic bumper coating?  And what's the deal with the windows?  All of the photos I saw had tinted windows; are these not standard?

Do I need to break in the engine?  Highway, city, both?

Appreciate any suggestions.  :airquote:

Hi Fiona, congrats on your new ride!

There are a lot of great ideas for things you might need/want for your C-Max, but most of it is a matter of personal preference.  After reading about the people who had battery problems, I got one of those jump starter things that fits just perfectly in one of the little cargo nets in the back.  I also had the windows tinted immediately.  ScubaDadMiami recently posted a photo of a waterproof canvas liner her purchased for the back of his C-Max and I'm ordering one for myself this week.  If you like the rubber mats, there was a discussion on the pros and cons of the cheaper WalMart variety vs. WeatherTech (which apparently does not cover the dead pedal on the driver's side) vs. Husky.  I was told it is imperative to purchase some snazzy new sunglasses that compliment my new ride! 

My advice is to drive it for a while and see what you think.  Read everything on the forum and learn from what others have done that worked and what didn't.

Hi Fiona, congrats on your new ride!

There are a lot of great ideas for things you might need/want for your C-Max, but most of it is a matter of personal preference.  After reading about the people who had battery problems, I got one of those jump starter things that fits just perfectly in one of the little cargo nets in the back.  I also had the windows tinted immediately.  ScubaDadMiami recently posted a photo of a waterproof canvas liner her purchased for the back of his C-Max and I'm ordering one for myself this week.  If you like the rubber mats, there was a discussion on the pros and cons of the cheaper WalMart variety vs. WeatherTech (which apparently does not cover the dead pedal on the driver's side) vs. Husky.  I was told it is imperative to purchase some snazzy new sunglasses that compliment my new ride! 

My advice is to drive it for a while and see what you think.  Read everything on the forum and learn from what others have done that worked and what didn't.

Sage advice all around.  FYI, I have OEM floor mats in front, rear, and cargo.  Very happy with them (they're heavy-duty and all that).

after you write down the pertinent info on the receipt (miles driven on the trip/tank, avg mph over the trip, odometer reading, what type of gas used, etc) so you can then enter it on your Fuelly.com profile account.

My one piece of advice is to reset the Lifetime trip data before you drive off the dealer lot. Probably want to reset Trip 1 and 2 as well, and pick one of those to be reset with every fillup.

I wish I got WeatherTech instead of the Ford mats because Weathertech offers a liner that covers the entire backseat floor, not just 2 squares like the Ford OEM.

I live in Phoenix so tinting was a must.

I also have the Bi-Directional Remote Start (a little Q&A http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/313-remote-start-questions/) which I love.

I also love the OEM Cargo Net (http://accessories.ford.com/net-asy-load-fixing-10344.html).

Check out this for aftermarket Cargo Net (http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/1332-adding-a-cargo-net-to-the-c-max/).

Edited by zhackwyatt