New to the C-MAX, but not Fords

LordUmoja

Congrats on the C-Max.. If you upgrade the floor mats, skip the Ford all weather mats.. I waisted $$ on them. Go with WeatherTech. I'm not a WeatherTech employee.. just reflecting on the one mistake i made. Over 10 months of ownership.... So far so good..

Edited by CassidyB

Update!

We got a call last evening from a different dealership that has been bending over backwards for us. They have a candy blue SE on the lot, with the nav and winter package, and they made us a great financing offer. It is ours as soon as the headliner recall is fixed. They are also checking to see if it already has the FE programming update. Looks like we will have our C-Max soon. Very excited

The hybrid FE update is included in cars built after 7/8/13.

Ford said the majority of buyers are opting for higher end options. Just take yourself for example, you bought a top of the line C-max with a moon roof.

We weren't being real nit picky either on what options & features we wanted. It was just what was available at the time on the lot. 

What I'm meaning is if you were to add in the BLIS or the Adaptive Cruise Control, how much more would that add to the price?

From my experience, there is no need to add the BLIS as the blind spot (fish eye) mirrors do the job of BLIS. Just by doing Orderly Visual Search Pattern (OVSP) by checking all mirrors & blind spots, the chance of getting into an accident is minimized.

The adaptive cruise control would be a nice additional safety feature especially with the varying speeds people drive around here. However, without it, driving just becomes more interesting as it makes one have to be more aware of their surroundings.

Edited by mnrobitaille

LU congrats on the update and finding a dealer that cares about YOU not just the sale to add to his monthly quota numbers!! :)

we hope you get the car car ASAP so we can hear all about the great fuel economy you will get now that they have a patch installed to maximize the car to its full potential.

I didn't seek leather heated power seats nor a moon roof, but the car I test drove was souped up and the dealership gave me a good price. Since I was hesitant to wait 2 months into winter for a factory order, I took the deal. Now I'm happy I did as I love the power seats. (My husband has his own Honda Fit and when he drives mine he hasn't figured out that there are several power knobs. Therefore I only have to make one adjustment after he drives. )

So talked to the dealer again today. The car will have the FE update and they are just waiting on parts for the recall. Fingers crossed it is finished and ready for pick up before the end of the week. We have a trip to long island this weekend and are hoping that we will have the C-Max for the trip instead of the Mach 1.....

Features I enjoy EVERYday in the SEL (They are worth it to me)

• kick to open hatch
  • push button start / no key door open
  • proximity beeping
  • Backup camera

Less frequently:

• Navigation
  • Auto Park

The one feature we rarely use is the Active Park Assist (as there's rarely the need to parallel park around here).

Using navigation can actually help with Fuel Efficiency, so we use it almost everywhere we go. 

Fiancé looked at the car in person yesterday, tested all the features, realizes what she is not getting that she had expected in the beginning (push start, power seat, rear camera) and decided they were little things, got training on SYNC, and signed for the car. Dealer expects the recall to be fixed by Friday and in our hands Friday night, they even offered a loaner for our long weekend trip if the car isn't ready by Friday evening. VERY VERY happy with them so far. So we now own a 2013 Candy Blue C-Max SE with Navigation and Winter Package. Now the process of training ourselves to get the best mileage out of it. 

In an odd note, I think the Mach 1 knows something is up. I checked my mileage on this last tank of gas and it was 24mpg, which is odd because I usually get no better than 22......

Well we picked up the car from Bob Davidson Ford in Baltimore MD. Amazingly helpful people. The fiancé loves the car and couldn't be happier. She also managed 42.4mpg. Not too bad.

Congratulations!! Doin' the *happy dance* for you!! Hope you have a fantastic road trip this weekend.........and the start of your new life together with your C-MAX. I predict your fiance' will continue to love her car!

did she wear that dress on purpose knowing she was going to pick up her blue candy car?? :)

congrats on the new car.hope you have fun saving gas....(for once in your life)  j/k

Well we picked up the car from Bob Davidson Ford in Baltimore MD. Amazingly helpful people. The fiancé loves the car and couldn't be happier. She also managed 42.4mpg. Not too bad.

did she wear that dress on purpose knowing she was going to pick up her blue candy car?? :)

congrats on the new car.hope you have fun saving gas....(for once in your life) j/k

Yes that was on purpose... She coordinates her outfits with EVERYTHING possible. What she didn't plan was the fact her hair matches the turn signals, and her shoes match the rims. That was a coincidence.

My SEL is fully loaded and so worth it.  Now,  I am not new to fords either.  It is a switch going from dual cam but it gets great mpg.  Now it is peppy once you get going.  However, it is not a puncher.  My SEL has the lumbar, the cool steering wheel, heated leather seats with power adjustments.  I traded in my Escape because it was not comfortable, and I drive the state of Texas for work so I am no stranger to windshield time.  If your wife to be has issues with comfort, you need to see how long she needs to be in the car.  If it is hour or so okay, longer not sure.  Yes the SEL I got up over to 95 and not notice it.  Again it does have the pep.  But I only get 37.1 mpg right now.  Also I live in the hill country so I get crappy mileage out here at home.

Ok. So apparently she wore blue because of the car but had no idea it was the exact same color...

I got to drive it for a few hours on the highway this morning for the first leg of our trip. I managed pretty good I think.

Those numbers are real good, just remember what you were doing to continue getting those numbers.

So just a minor update. The car is back at the dealership to have the driver's seat belt adjuster repaired (presumed damaged during the recall), the front passenger interior door handle replaced, and a new rear cargo mat put in as the original is delaminating. She is however in love with the car and gets 50-55mpg on her daily commute. Our Long Island trip say an average of 47mpg and 530 or so miles on the tank.

Her loaner during repairs gets a not so impressive 15mpg. They need a hybrid owner friendly loaner next time...

post-1294-0-18663400-1376260941_thumb.jpg