PROUD CMAX OWNER as of 7/31/13

tocoty

picked up cmax on monday 7/29.

white platinum

302a package

:) 

got the splash / mud guards and the interior/exterior protection package ... being done tomorrow.

I installed the preordered husky floormats and the lloyd cargo liner.

First thing I did upon leaving the dealer was embark on a get aquainted journey of 244 miles.

drove from southwest Virginia to White Sulfur Springs , WVA.

journey terrain turned out to be along the lines of:... 70 miles of interstate @ 63 mph, 50 miles thru jefferson national forest @ 45 mph, 50 miles of mountain terrain ( 4 or 5 fairly steep grades) at climb and decend speeds and 70 miles of 55mph 2 lane roads .... car drove GREAT !!!! Great handling and getting aquainted with the EV mode was rather easy after all the help i have received by reading this forum's numerous posts.

I got 44.8 mpg for the total trip. i'll post a mpg pic that i took ...when i learn more about pic postg.

i thought my car might have the new  ev to 85 mph software installed, but no evidence to such. one big surprise was how much coasting charges the batteries ....

surprisingly, i found great mpg was maintained at hwy speeds of 63 mph on eco cruise with decently charged batteries, but 65 mph and above was a mpg downer.

I had a name all picked out before it's arrival, but after seeing it and driving it, the name did not do it justice, so the naming journey continues...

sorry for the ramble, but i am "giddy" about this machine.