I might get lucky!

slampro

I was just browsing around online at local dealers. Then all of a sudden I see a (rare in these parts) black C max. I look, and it is the same build as ours, minus remote start. :drool:  It is at a different dealer, who we don't really want to buy from(various reasons). It was built on 6/24/13(about one month before our order) so it needs the PCM update. I have faith in the dealer I am working with to be able to handle the update, and install remote start.

I sent him a late night email asking if we could get it as trade for our order. If he gets on it first thing in the morning, I might be driving a new C max tomorrow.

:woot:      :woohoo:                                    :bliss:

Wow, do you really want a black one in Texas? Probably a good reason for it's rarity down there. Lol

Scientific testing has been done an determined that there (is) a difference in temperature recorded in the cars interior parked in 100` conditions.  Coolest combination was a White Vehicle with Tan/Beige fabric interior.  Hottest combination was a Black Vehicle with Black/Charcoal Grey fabric interior.  Temperature difference...? 6 Degrees!  

Well, that was short lived excitement. The dealer who has the car is owned by a large automotive group, and will not trade with other dealers in the same market. It used to be owned by a family, and was a good place. This is the same kind of attitude from that dealer that soured us in 08. So we will continue to wait, because we will not buy from the other dealer.

I read the first post and was all  :yahoo:

Then I read on, and was all  :cry:

Sorry, Slampro!  In the long run, though, better to avoid anything to do with stupid dealers like that.  You'll be happier to see your own C-MAX, exactly as you ordered it, finally arrive!  I know I can't wait!

Yea, I went to the other dealers website, and got into an instant chat with a rep. Next thing I know a salesman calls me, after I told her to have them email me. The same sales guy I talked to in December about getting a C max. They liked my build so much they ordered it for their lot, but our financing didn't work out. They still got that car, and sold it within a couple weeks of it hitting the lot(I kept an eye on it). Now they have another ;) . This guy confirmed they don't trade with others in the same market. I told him, "Yea, that's too bad, your dealership has really changed since the family sold it. I'll just wait for Casa(my dealer), but thanks for calling."

This is where our car is   Received - C257 (Autoport Limited ) Ramp 59, Dearborn Truck, MI Aug-01-2013, 13:04 ET    ETA Aug-19-2013 Aug-25-2013   My dealer said he has it flagged to check Monday for railcar number.

I have tried to find info for "ramp 59" and Autoport.  Autoport is a huge parking/distribution lot used for vehicle shipping. "Ramp 59", only info I find is kinda worrisome. Some old posts on other forums,  people talk about vehicles spending weeks at "ramp 59". Some comparing it to the Bermuda triangle. :cry: