Howdy from Texas

M&M

Hello,

I bought my C-Max SEL off the show room floor in Burleson, TX in June.  I have already have over 3,500 miles on it.  I live in the Hill Country and would love to know how to get my C-Max over 37.1 mpg.  I love driving it which is good since I travel the state for my business.  I would love to hear from you.  I think it would be cool to start a group here in Texas, but it may be awhile before they get here.  I did spot a red one yesterday in Georgetown.  :clapping:

We have the SEL model. We have had ours just over a month now. We have just about 2000 miles on her.

We are slowly moving the MPG's up - now at 44.3.

Love the feel and the way it drives. This forum has great recommendations on how to improve your mileage. I've utilized some of them and they do help.

Welcome to the club!!

HOWDY!   :hat_tip:

I've had an SEL since late March with 9,300 miles now.  Going on a long road trip/vacation to NM next week but will be getting the update this Tuesday (fingers crossed), oil change and "tar" rotation before we leave.  We really like the car overall.  Your hwy mileage should increase into the low 40's in cooler weather and (hopefully) with the FE update maybe even higher.  Turn ECO-cruise on if you haven't and set it to 68mph and see what you get.  GOOD LUCK!

Hello from Pipe Creek - also in the Hill Country.

The hills are killers on my MPG, but before the update I was getting around 41....after the update I'm getting around 45 on my daily commute.  I'll probably never reach the kinds of MPG numbers some of our esteemed members are getting because I spend so much time on the freeway or on really hilly roads, but I'm still pleased.

welcome MM, hope they didn't take your shorts when you bought it off the show room ( usually loaded with dealer add-ons and over inflated price with no haggling down price allowed).

re:your lower mpg, when was your car born/ mfg??

did you apply all the updates your car can get? check the etis site to enter your VIN.

what is your typical driving pattern each day to and from work (total miles, and average speed for a tank of gas??)?

what is the elevation change from start to end of your typical commute? (can check with route apps or on Google Earth).

what is your Cmax coach on the dash telling you for your brake score and acceleration score?

use the engage or empower screen to help you learn when the engine goes out of EV mode and into gas engine mode to try and save gas.

what is your % in EV miles for a tank/trip ? (ev miles/total miles driven)

check out some of the youtube vids on the cmax by user Mpgomatic for some good info

read any forums/tips here by users jus-a-c-max or recumpence for the most helpful info to get the best mpgs.

do you use eco cruise'? use the ac alot? what is your ac setpoint temp at?

do you know how to feather the gas pedal or use pulse and glue technique? if not look those up

lots of helpful folks here can help you improve your mpg.

car gets better mpg over time after breakin about 3-5k miles.

be sure to sign up for an account on Fuelly.com to track your mpgs and gas to see improvements over time. they have tips there as well.

have fun and don't worry about mpg to much

Hello,

I bought my C-Max SEL off the show room floor in Burleson, TX in June.  I have already have over 3,500 miles on it.  I live in the Hill Country and would love to know how to get my C-Max over 37.1 mpg.  I love driving it which is good since I travel the state for my business.  I would love to hear from you.  I think it would be cool to start a group here in Texas, but it may be awhile before they get here.  I did spot a red one yesterday in Georgetown.  :clapping:

Edited by salsaguy