The time draws nearer...

slampro

IT's in Texas!!! Just north of Amarillo. It will probably arrive either sometime tonight, or tomorrow. Really looking forward to a Monday pick up. :rockon:

Now calm now LOL.  Let them have enough time to do their clean up and prepping.  You don't want to bug them and find that they have hurried through checking for any boo boos.  We are waiting for the first picture.

I don't really know what is going on. It arrived in Clovis, NM on 8/10 at 5:22pm. The railcar has not moved. I read an old post on a different forum. A person(in El Paso), said their car was trucked in from Belen, NM. It is Sunday, the dealers are closed on Sundays, and I have no way to know what is going on.

Was hopeful for Monday, but I don't know. I am confident it will be this week though. So I am still very :happy feet:

don't jinx it.

btw, i double dare you to NOT track it for at least 4 hours. how much will power do you really have??

:)

:baby:  or will you wimp out ?? ;)

I have not tracked it for 4 hours already....I mean I gotta sleep sometime.

Now calm now LOL.  Let them have enough time to do their clean up and prepping.  You don't want to bug them and find that they have hurried through checking for any boo boos.  We are waiting for the first picture.

Well yeah, I know. But I figure that shouldn't take more than a couple hours. If it gets to dealer in the morning, I should have it by that evening. If not, then the next day, I would think. Yes, there will be pictures. There are very little pics of black C max in the gallery. :camera:

Enjoyed following your thread.  Your enthusiasm is contagious, thank you very much.  If you think you are excited now, just wait til you start driving it!

Thanks! Yep, anxious to start driving it indeed. The Escape hybrid(was excited to get it at the time) has been great at my :shift: job, and the C max should be even better.

Slampro I just noticed that you posted on the Blue Oval trying to get an update from Cyberdman.  The reason he didn't reply was you need to put your VIN with every update request or he won't respond.  He wasn't ignoring you--just hoping you would clue in and add the VIN.  He is stubborn about that.

Slampro I just noticed that you posted on the Blue Oval trying to get an update from Cyberdman.  The reason he didn't reply was you need to put your VIN with every update request or he won't respond.  He wasn't ignoring you--just hoping you would clue in and add the VIN.  He is stubborn about that.

Thanks, I was kinda wondering about that.

"...posted on the Blue Oval trying to get an update......" ????? Can you enlighten me what your talking about?

I have to work in the morning, in 7 hours. I couldn't sleep(not b/c of the car), just got hot, couldn't get comfortable, and the dogs started making noise. All is calm now, don't know what they were barking at.

I decided to go ahead and check on the car.

It moved!! :clapping:  8/13 - 1:53am - Tolar, NM

Now I'm not going to be able to sleep. :doh:

8/14 - 3:10am - Albuquerque, NM.

There is a big auto distribution facility there. I am thinking it will probably be unloaded from the train, and find a truck to bring it on down I-25.

It is taking 4 days to go less than 500 miles. :gaah:

It should be here any day now. But of course, I have been saying that for a week....Lol. :waiting:

I could have driven to Detroit, and been back by the time it gets through the last 500 miles.

It  sure is poking along.  But that seems normal as I remember our C-Max sat somewhere around Tacoma, Washington for several days and then all of a sudden it was at the dealership in Vancouver, BC.  I kept looking at the tracking and it seemed like the last notation was Tacoma and then things happened that weren't noted on the train tracking site.

It  sure is poking along.  But that seems normal as I remember our C-Max sat somewhere around Tacoma, Washington for several days and then all of a sudden it was at the dealership in Vancouver, BC.  I kept looking at the tracking and it seemed like the last notation was Tacoma and then things happened that weren't noted on the train tracking site.

Yeah, I have learned that once it hits the closest railyard which has an automobile distribution facility, it gets trucked the rest of the way. Cannot track the trucking from the railroad phone numbers. The dealer can. Some trucking companies, you can find info about and try to follow. But usually by the time you find the trucking info, the car will probably be delivered. Looking at google maps I can see a huge distribution point in Albuquerque. (fingers crossed) That we will be driving it this weekend.

This is a bit different message from the railcar status phone. It said "Placed at customer location, Albuquerque, NM. 4:15am, on BNSF, and there is no eta available."

Message to BNSF......Put my car on a truck and send it to El Paso.....NOW!!!!!! ;)

It has been less than 500 miles away for 5 days...UGH!

I remember having a similar message and my car was here the next day.  So I think that is a good message--might even mean that the customer location is a truck picking it up.

That's what I was thinking(hoping) it meant. I am off today, work full day tomorrow. Sure would be nice to get a call this afternoon/evening.