The time draws nearer...

slampro

I think I got that message about customer location, and then later in the day when I checked again there was no info. on my rail car at all.  So I think if you suddenly have no info. available that is the best indicator that it has been picked up by a truck.

:future:  You are reading my thoughts. I have been calling and waiting to hear "empty" instead of "load". Or to hear if the car moves on in a direction away from me, that too would indicate it was unloaded.

Now I might get mad!!!! Car is still not here. I was at work all day. My father-in-law called to check on the car. He was told that it would likely be another whole week before we get it. :swear:

They did say we could go do the paperwork. I said NO! I was ready last week to do it, but they said no and so we made the truck payment that came due.

It has been less than 500 miles away for a week. Got unloaded from the train on 8/15 at 9:30am in Albuquerque. There is no reason for it to take more than 2 days to get to El Paso(it's only a 3-4 hour drive).

If it does not come in tomorrow or Monday, I am seriously considering not buying it. Might consider ordering a 2014 from a different dealer(in a different city, because El Paso sucks and we have already been burned by the two other Ford dealers).

I am not happy to be told it will be another week. We have been waiting for over 3 months!  :gaah:

Can you talk with the manager and light a fire under him?

Well, I have been talking to the sales manager. I suppose I could go over his head, but I shouldn't have to, don't want to...but still might. I have found someone on an F150 forum to help me. He will check daily. I have asked him to check, but don't know if he can today or not. They better hope he doesn't tell me "delivered". I will also be checking with cyberdman on Monday. I hope they are just giving him a "safe date" range. He has been a customer at this dealer for over 20 years. He only buys Fords, and gets them all serviced at this dealer. All the employees know it, most know him by name. We have 3 Fords plus my brother-in-law's Focus. We always use the same SA, and have never felt he was dishonest. He is a good guy, and will notice if we do not come in anymore. He is actually the one I would probably go to first(he has worked there for almost 30 years). If they lie to us, they will lose us. I don't care how long dad has been going there. 

Slampro I do remember getting frustrated too when I phoned the dealership when my disappeared from the train.  Dealer said they had no idea where it was, but the next morning they phoned to say it was at the dealership and it looked beautiful.  Heaven knows how they don't know where their cars are, but that seemed to be the case here.  Maybe they don't have anything to do with the process at all?  It is all arranged for them from the factory??

OK!! I feel much better now!!! I just got this from the F150 forum guy.

:yahoo: Shipped Convoy - Convoy # A115326 (Sierra Mountain Express ) Ramp 4B, Albuquerque, NM Aug-16-2013, 12:30 MT

Aug-16-2013 Aug-16-2013

:happy feet:  :rockon:

Maybe had some stops along the way. Tomorrow is looking pretty good.

SO, I figure they know him so well that they knew if they told him tomorrow and it didn't come he would be upset. He is over 70, retired military, and doesn't put up with crap. They just wanted to play it safe so they told him another week. Probably also trying to make themselves look good trying to say "We told you a week, and here it is. Now :wub2:  us".

It's all good, and I see a Cmax in our very near future.

Did you experience the same sense of excitement an anxiety awaiting the birth of your first Child or taking home your first Golden Retriever?  Grab a BBQ Brisket Sandwich, a Pint of Lone Star Beer and a couple of Xanax tabs, LOL.  Its going to be ok!  Next time as I suggested, check the "Nationwide" Vehicle Locator, buy a cheap Ticket (one-way) on SWA and drive it Home.  You`ll be a lot happier and won`t have to endure all the "labor" pains.  If you replace your Vehicles every 3 or 4 years and go through the same aguish your going to age prematurely.  Imagine if you were awaiting your Custom Built Maybach Mercedes-Benz, Bentley, Rolls-Royce, or BMW M Series crossing the Atlantic Ocean.  The US Coast Guard would be watching for the Ship Carrier both at Sea on Radar as well as Satellite from Space. :)

Slampro what's happening???  Is Vader here?

Not yet. Just got off the phone with dealer. He said they are expecting a shipment of cars around 3pm today(it's 1:45pm now).

He said he will call if it is in that shipment. :future:  I am thinking it almost HAS to be. It's been on the truck since 12:30pm Friday!

I decided to call the Ford 800 number. I asked about the $550 payment. My car does not qualify, and the window sticker will be changed at dealer. It is unknown if the price will change.

I had her check the status. She said it arrived at dealer at 5:30pm Friday. My sales manager guy is on vacation(he didn't tell me he was going, not obligated to either). She called the dealer for me, and put me in touch with a different sales manager.

My car is now being prepped and detailed. Should be just a couple hours now.

:happy feet:  :rockon:  :drool:  :yahoo:  :woot:

:camera:  coming soon.

It felt nice driving home. :bliss:

We got it for $30,890, sticker was $33,875(invoice was $31,500ish). Happy with the deal.

My mpg on the drive home?.......................50!! :headspin:

I didn't want to wait for them to do the Sync 6 update. I can take it in anyday this week. They will do the update, and tint my windows.

Just gave the wife a quick once through of it.

I think we are going for a :shift:  soon. Not sure where, but I think we are going for an hour or so.

Edited by slampro