Just bought used C-Max what updates are needed.

spkehl

I just bought a used 2013 C-max sel.  It has equipment group 302A.

I am taking it in for the headliner recall and I wanted to know what other updates should I ask the service department for?  It has MFT 3.13.  It seems to need the update to have the liftgate open with one kick.

Thanks

Stephen

Congratulation Stephen.  I hope you got a good deal on price etc.  You will need the MFT 3.5.1 and the 3.6.  You will need the power train update.  You will need the hands free liftgate update.  We bought our SEL in November and it has worked out just fine.  I haven't been in for any of the upgrades yet as I am waiting for my October servicing, and I figured the local dealership needed to practice on others before I go in.  The service dept. representative should find all of those upgrades when he runs your VIN when you phone to book.

Glad we have another Stephen with the proper original Bible spelling here!!

be sure to register your system at the syncmyride site and with my ford touch and sign up for the Ford customer loyalty programs to earn free services for your car. there are a few forums here that explains about these items.

welcome and enjoy your new car.

definitely get all the updates for your car to make it the best it can be. there were quite a few bugs since its a 1st year launch car but it is much better now after almost a year of learning and tweaking by Ford.

Thanks everyone for all the helpful replies and the warm welcome.

Adair, I know from the CarFax that the car had been a rental in Georgia before me buying it in Texas. I knew from the registering on syncmyride that it still had MFT 3.13.

The Etis site does show it needs 3 things.  Again thanks for the help!

Stephen