Weekend wedding/girls trip

RachelnLa

Friday I got off work early, picked up a friend, her daughter and her grandson. Loaded my cmax and hit the road. We were headed to Broussard, LA for an evening wedding.

While my car is smaller than their trucks and SUVs, I found it held overnight bags and extras for 3 women and a 3-yr-old well. A little tweaking if luggage placement and it was good to go. Everything fits fine going; it's the return trip that nothing seems to fit no matter what you drive!

We had plenty of room. Everyone was comfy with the ac. I worried about people in the back getting hot. I asked if they got hot to let me know. They never spoke up and I know she would have if they were hot.

My GPS rocks. Plugged in the address for the wedding and for the hotel. Off we went. I normally navigate and hubby drives so it was awkward to drive in a strange place and watch the screen. We even searched for a Walgreens nearby and zipped on over.

Music was great. No worries about finding stations along the way.

The wedding was beautiful. The reception was HOT but nice.

The next day we loaded up and hit the road home. Lots of heavy rain. Loved my rain sensor wipers. I never had to fiddle turning them higher or lower while trying to drive in the interstate. I never felt unsafe in the rain. I never felt like a tiny car in the interstate. I cannot wait to take more trips!

I managed 38 or 39 mpg. I am thrilled with that driving 70 on the interstate and driving in a strange town. Ac on pretty high most of the driving because its hot here -99+. Ugh.

Love my car!

I try to be honest. I will say there is not enough room for stuff we needed up front. Each a water bottle, cell phones, snacks, etc. it was odd trying to find a place to balance my beef jerky to drive and nibble lol. And where to put my purse? In the back with the passengers? In the hatch? I need things while driving - Chapstick and money!

Friday I got off work early, picked up a friend, her daughter and her grandson. Loaded my cmax and hit the road. We were headed to Broussard, LA for an evening wedding.

While my car is smaller than their trucks and SUVs, I found it held overnight bags and extras for 3 women and a 3-yr-old well. A little tweaking if luggage placement and it was good to go. Everything fits fine going; it's the return trip that nothing seems to fit no matter what you drive!

We had plenty of room. Everyone was comfy with the ac. I worried about people in the back getting hot. I asked if they got hot to let me know. They never spoke up and I know she would have if they were hot.

My GPS rocks. Plugged in the address for the wedding and for the hotel. Off we went. I normally navigate and hubby drives so it was awkward to drive in a strange place and watch the screen. We even searched for a Walgreens nearby and zipped on over.

Music was great. No worries about finding stations along the way.

The wedding was beautiful. The reception was HOT but nice.

The next day we loaded up and hit the road home. Lots of heavy rain. Loved my rain sensor wipers. I never had to fiddle turning them higher or lower while trying to drive in the interstate. I never felt unsafe in the rain. I never felt like a tiny car in the interstate. I cannot wait to take more trips!

I managed 38 or 39 mpg. I am thrilled with that driving 70 on the interstate and driving in a strange town. Ac on pretty high most of the driving because its hot here -99+. Ugh.

Love my car!

Way to go Rachel, glad you had a great trip.

I try to be honest. I will say there is not enough room for stuff we needed up front. Each a water bottle, cell phones, snacks, etc. it was odd trying to find a place to balance my beef jerky to drive and nibble lol. And where to put my purse? In the back with the passengers? In the hatch? I need things while driving - Chapstick and money!

I keep my pocketbook between me and the drivers door for convenience sake.  Of course this won't work if you have a large pocketbook but it's something to think about.