latest screenshots for Maxus

mtb9153

I think I've found the route to consistently keeping my AvgMPG in the 40 range.  Managed to drive all over town the last 4 days and not fall below 43.3 AvgMPG, and that is a big change for Maxus.  I owe it all to keeping a mindful watch on my driving and braking, especially the braking, but there's still plenty of room for improvement since my brake scores are very up and down in the high 80's and low 90's.

Love those GasPods, they are making a big difference and the new software is really helping as well. Guess I sized these too small?  The first one is 83mpg, the second is 59.5mpg and the third 63.1mpg

th_837AvMPG94_zps399ab65b.png  th_596AvgMPG_89_zps6b14c5b8.jpg?t=137637th_631AvgMPG_94_zps1ae6ea09.jpg?t=137637

Edited by mtb9153

mtb9153 - May we share some of your pictures and posts?

By all means Susanne feel free, since it is your product which is allowing me to improve my numbers along with the Ford software upgrade.  Also if you want, feel free to use my name...Mike Bridges 2013 Ford CMax SEL

th_fuellychart_zps122e6c74.png?t=1376453  Here is a chart from Fuelly.com showing my fuel consumption since buying Maxus on September 20, 2012

Edited by mtb9153

At what point did you install the gas pods?

It was in mid July when I found the sweet spot for positioning the GasPods which is about mid way between those lowest two points on my chart before it started to go up.  Initial installation of the Pods was earlier in June I believe.  I actually repositioned them several times before settling in their current position with the help of Susanne.

Edited by mtb9153

mtb, sorry if I missed this, but what are "gaspods?" ::scratches head::

In other news, my cmax (now named Lucy!) is inching ever closer to the magic EPA claims of 47 mpg. Of the 8k miles on this car, I have driven 4100 and the previous owner put 3900 miles on.attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

GreenChicago, GasPods are a very cool product which can be placed on the rear spoiler of our hatchback.  They are small aerodynamic "nodules" I like to call them which can be purchased with adhesive or magnetic mounting surface.  I have a set of both, but I'm presently only using the magnetic ones.  The magnetic ones have a built-in rare earth magnet which are strong enough to not blow off on the freeway, but easily removed with little resistance.  Product comes with 9 nodules which you equally space across the full width of the rear spoiler.  See the attached picture to see how I have them arranged.  There is a post that I started in the modifications section back a month ago which will bring you up to speed.  There are comments from the President (Suzanne) of the company who makes the GasPods, she was very helpful in my placing them in their present position which has shown the most significant improvement in my Average MPG.  Hope this helps in your question?  Search for GasPods and it will link you to all the posts regarding them

smokedtailights2_zps2bdf9221.jpg

Edited by mtb9153

Besides mpg, can you see any other effects of using your GasPods?  For example, do you run lower rpm steady state on the flat? Higher EV threshold on the Empower display?

I have seen vortex generators on production cars and aftermarket mods with similar things:

https://www.google.com/search?q=diffuser+car&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=N84PUqu_Gqe32wXRh4DwDg&ved=0CGEQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=785#bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=88018cbf71c7018f&q=vortex+car+roof&sa=1&safe=off&tbm=isch

For what it's worth, the 2014 C-max is going to get a hatch spoiler of some design or other, so there are benefits to improving the airflow over the back.

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2013/08/20130815-ford-1.html

Besides mpg, can you see any other effects of using your GasPods?  For example, do you run lower rpm steady state on the flat? Higher EV threshold on the Empower display?

I have seen vortex generators on production cars and aftermarket mods with similar things:

https://www.google.com/search?q=diffuser+car&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=N84PUqu_Gqe32wXRh4DwDg&ved=0CGEQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=785#bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=88018cbf71c7018f&q=vortex+car+roof&sa=1&safe=off&tbm=isch

For what it's worth, the 2014 C-max is going to get a hatch spoiler of some design or other, so there are benefits to improving the airflow over the back.

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2013/08/20130815-ford-1.html

Drove down to Monterey today to attend some car races at Laguna Seca Raceway.  Left home with AvMPG showing 41.5.  Arrived at the track with AvMPG was 43.4.  Drove 1 hour 25mins on complete freeway 69.9 miles one way with A/C and cruise control set to 65mph.  Love driving this fast with EV mode.  Driving through the coastal mountains from my home to the Pacific Coast where the track is located.  Got to the track and the screen shot said 2.3 gallons used.  Got home and the gas gauge read 1/2 full, not all of that first half was used on this trip.  I drove over a hundred miles to and from work on Thursday and Friday.  Very pleased with this latest mileage.  Love those GasPods.  Going to let my Brother-In -Law put the adhesive Gas Pods on his 2013 Fusion.  He drives daily to San Francisco for work so it will be interesting to see how much he can improve

• 4 weeks later...