New owner in Silicon Valley

Dorian

Greetings all. My wife and I are proud owners of a new C-Max Hybrid SEL that we purchased yesterday. The purchase came as quite a surprise!

My wife has always been nagging me to buy a fuel efficient "family car". About four months ago I ordered a Ford Escape packaged out exactly like I wanted it. It came in Saturday, so we went to the dealer to pick it up. While I was working out the final details my wife strolled aroud the lot and saw a C-Max Hybrid sitting next to an Escape. She asked my salesman a few questions, then we headed home in our new Escape. That night my wife spent an awful lot of time on the internet doing research on the C-Max Hybrid.

The next morning I was washing her Mercedes SLK when she shocked me by asking, "How much do you think we would get on trade-in for my mercedes against a C-Max?" We talked it out a bit and I discovered she was dead serious. She had the Mercedes for 5 years and had only put 13K miles on it due to it being a serious gas guzzler.

So back to the dealer we went. We traded in the Mercedes almost straight across for a C-Max Hybrid SEL with Nav and a host of other accessories.

Learning this car is a challenge since the owners manual is relatively weak. I'm hoping to learn a lot more as I peruse this forum.

We ended up with Sterling Grey paint and the stone leather upholstry. And the cargo capacity of this vehicle amazes me. We bought the Escape because it got good mileage and had enough room in the back for our Great Dane to relax comfortably. It turns out the the C-Max has plenty of room for our Great Dane and of course the mileage is outstanding. The seating in the Escape is more comfortable with seats that hug you and a cockpit that is ergonomically pure for my wife and I. The C-Max is comfortable enough, but the seating feels more like what should be expected in a compact car and not as luxurious.

Truth be told, if I knew the C-Max was going to be this nice, I would probably have not bothered with the Escape. But I anticipate we will be using the Escape for our camping trips and occasional long distance trips. The C-Max will be the car racking up the miles.

Pretty neat that your Great Dane fits comfortably. My husband has a Lexus GX 460 and I actually felt more comfortable in the C-Max. The Lexus seats are softer, but I found the C-Max had such great visibility and felt cozy. The Lexus feels like a bus to me--just too big, but nice and safe for the big cross country road trips. I won't be surprised if my husbad opts for the C-Max Energi when it comes out as I think the C-Max Hybrid will be plenty comfortable for the road trips and won't break the bank. Sterling grey is a nice colour and the stone interior is really nice.

We ended up with Sterling Grey paint and the stone leather upholstry. And the cargo capacity of this vehicle amazes me. We bought the Escape because it got good mileage and had enough room in the back for our Great Dane to relax comfortably. It turns out the the C-Max has plenty of room for our Great Dane and of course the mileage is outstanding. The seating in the Escape is more comfortable with seats that hug you and a cockpit that is ergonomically pure for my wife and I. The C-Max is comfortable enough, but the seating feels more like what should be expected in a compact car and not as luxurious.

Truth be told, if I knew the C-Max was going to be this nice, I would probably have not bothered with the Escape. But I anticipate we will be using the Escape for our camping trips and occasional long distance trips. The C-Max will be the car racking up the miles.

That's funny. We just purchased our C-Max on Friday down here in San Diego. One of the main reasons (aside from the mileage) was for the room for our Great Dane! He seems to really like being able to lay down comfortably with the seats down as opposed to laying in the back seat of our old Focus. It's been a fun purchase so far.

That's funny. We just purchased our C-Max on Friday down here in San Diego. One of the main reasons (aside from the mileage) was for the room for our Great Dane! He seems to really like being able to lay down comfortably with the seats down as opposed to laying in the back seat of our old Focus. It's been a fun purchase so far.

We adopted our Great Dane in Escondido, at Indian Dane Rescue. We've been to a few of the AKC shows from San Diego as well. You guys have a good thing going on. The C-Max is perfect for Mack, our Great Dane. I'll take pictures of him inside the vehicle next time we are running around.

Greetings all. My wife and I are proud owners of a new C-Max Hybrid SEL that we purchased yesterday. The purchase came as quite a surprise!

My wife has always been nagging me to buy a fuel efficient "family car". About four months ago I ordered a Ford Escape packaged out exactly like I wanted it. It came in Saturday, so we went to the dealer to pick it up. While I was working out the final details my wife strolled aroud the lot and saw a C-Max Hybrid sitting next to an Escape. She asked my salesman a few questions, then we headed home in our new Escape. That night my wife spent an awful lot of time on the internet doing research on the C-Max Hybrid.

The next morning I was washing her Mercedes SLK when she shocked me by asking, "How much do you think we would get on trade-in for my mercedes against a C-Max?" We talked it out a bit and I discovered she was dead serious. She had the Mercedes for 5 years and had only put 13K miles on it due to it being a serious gas guzzler.

So back to the dealer we went. We traded in the Mercedes almost straight across for a C-Max Hybrid SEL with Nav and a host of other accessories.

Learning this car is a challenge since the owners manual is relatively weak. I'm hoping to learn a lot more as I peruse this forum.

Classic story. Welcome to the Ford C-MAX family! :rockon:

Took some pictures of our "fleet" this morning:

c-max01.jpg

bothcars01.jpg

escape01.jpg

bothcars02.jpg

Love the sterling gray - pretty rich looking color. I have a Sterling Grey myself, but it toooooo hot here in Las Vegas for it!

We adopted our Great Dane in Escondido, at Indian Dane Rescue. We've been to a few of the AKC shows from San Diego as well. You guys have a good thing going on. The C-Max is perfect for Mack, our Great Dane. I'll take pictures of him inside the vehicle next time we are running around.

We know of Indian Dane Rescue, we board Dexter with him while we're away. He's a great guy and really knows the dogs well.

I'll try to get some pictures up too.

Great photos! I can tell the Great Dane is enjoying it's new ride. I'm sure it appreciates the extra head room in the C-Max.

I also noticed there are some reflectors inside the rear area when the hatch is open. Seems like a good safety feature.

Shows you how observant I am... I didn't notice the reflectors until you pointed them out. That is pretty smart.

Our Great Dane is 33" tall at the shoulders. When he first jumps into the back he bends his knees a little so that he doesn't hit the top of the opening too hard. But the roof rapidly slants upward in side, giving him room to stand up without hitting the roof as long as he keeps his head down. The pictures posted above show him laying down in the back. But when we are going down a straight street with no curves he will sometimes stand up, stick his head out the window and enjoy the wind.with his head high above the top of the car. Makes me consider putting a sun roof in the back just for him!