Strange experience updating 3.6.2 by usb (Mac)

MtnMarty

First I had lots of trouble downloading the update. Had to update Java several times including redoing the Java plugin in Safari. Finally got the update on a usb stick and proceeded to the car. It only recognized the stick in the upper usb outlet and then it failed several times to complete and cancelled on me while driving to a movie. On the way home, just a black screen with repeating  messages that it could not update. The next day, I moved the car out of the garage and plugged in the stick again and went away for a half hour. Upon return it was all done...finally.

So now to report the success to Ford. You must reinsert your usb stick into your computer to report it. I did that and got all the way to the part where you select the file, but the web site at Ford was unresponsive to that request in Safari and in Firefox, even after a number of attempts. Today I tried Chrome, and it worked.

So now Ford says I have a dealer installed update to do...

DA5T-14D544-BD Gen2 - V3.6.2

I thought that was the one I just did. Very confused!!

I am having the same issue. I completed the update last night and the car told me the update completed successfully. I followed all of the instructions to report the update to Ford and then it said I have a dealer installed update to do. Then this morning I got an e-mail telling me to confirm the update again, so I went through and re-uploaded the file from the car to Ford and it did the exact same thing again. The button on "Sync My Ride" now says "Make an appointment".