Why did member names move?

fotomoto

Not a big fan of these changes. Signature one doesn't bother me. Looking at new content, to me, seemed strange. I liked the names above the avatar better as well.

Just my opinion.

I have also noticed others using smileys, that do not seem to be available to me.

I like the old style better too. The smileys...click on the "<" or ">" arrows at the start/ends of the emoticon bar

I like the old style better too. The smileys...click on the "<" or ">" arrows at the start/ends of the emoticon bar

Yeah, I know that. But I have never seen the pirate, or some others in that bar. I have seen you use it, and have seen others used that are not on my bar. I figured it was b/c you're a mod. It doesn't bother me, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Yeah, I know that. But I have never seen the pirate, or some others in that bar. I have seen you use it, and have seen others used that are not on my bar. I figured it was b/c you're a mod. It doesn't bother me, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Ah....the pirate...and some other emoticon are "linked" from other websites. Its nothing special, anyone could do this...and no, its not a mod only thing either.

By the way, neither Adair nor I have anything to do with these site changes, we are effected by it as well. Perhaps if the posters here can PM robertlane and see if he can change it back.... :headscratch:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

if you know the word or code to type in you just put the word in between a set of colons like :secreticonworhere: and then they appear. the trick is knowing the code.

:money:

:monkey:

:pipilongstocking: :white flag:

oh well, so much for secret words..... :)

Edited by salsaguy

By the way, neither Adair nor I have anything to do with these site changes, we are effected by it as well. Perhaps if the posters here can PM robertlane and see if he can change it back.... :headscratch:

Does that also apply to the suggestions in the "How to make the forum better" thread?

PS:  I too dislike the centering changes.

Edited by Bill-N

• 3 weeks later...

Eyes are trained to go top to bottom, left to right, like reading a book. Placing the ad on the top left gives emphasis on it, as does the "like" section.

I personally prefer the other way where visually, its the forum sections first.

Not a big deal for me, but I agree with Jus: prefer ads and like section on the right.