Checking MFT version from the car

I have had an ongoing problem with my dealer not wanting to install the current MFT update.  I was finally able to get them to agree to the update and they had my car all day yesterday.  They gave it back to me saying that I had the MFT 3.6 update, but nothing on the car had changed.  It was still paired to my cellphone, my EV+ locations were still there, I still did not have the power diagram screen, and I still had the A3 navigation SD card.

This morning I called Ford.  They told me how to check the car itself to see which version of MFT is installed.  To do this:

1.  Go to the settings menu

2.  Select Help

3.  Select System Information

4.  The CCPU number will tell you which MFT version is installed

• 4.27.12058_product is MFT 3.13 (the one I have)
  •  4.30.13171 is MFT 3.6.2 (the one I should have)

Ford was nice and got on the phone with my dealer making me an appointment to get it fixed.  The dealer still doesn't seem to know what they are doing.  They hear that it is a hybrid and just want to shutdown.

The dealer needs to do the latest PCM update before they can do the update from MFT 3.13 to MFT 3.6.2.

Why is that?  Didn't many people get the 3.5.1 upgrade before the PCM update became available?  I am confused.  We haven't done any updates yet--waiting for our October servicing.

nice find on the version instructions. i know lots of folks here wanted to know how to check that.

glad you escalated it to Ford Corp to squeeze the vice on your dealer. these creator dealers are giving a bad  name for Ford. be sure to give them a bad rating at dealerrater.com so others know about their bad customer service. if no-one complains they won't ever get penalized by Corp or lose business.

I have had an ongoing problem with my dealer not wanting to install the current MFT update.  I was finally able to get them to agree to the update and they had my car all day yesterday.  They gave it back to me saying that I had the MFT 3.6 update, but nothing on the car had changed.  It was still paired to my cellphone, my EV+ locations were still there, I still did not have the power diagram screen, and I still had the A3 navigation SD card.

This morning I called Ford.  They told me how to check the car itself to see which version of MFT is installed.  To do this:

1.  Go to the settings menu

2.  Select Help

3.  Select System Information

4.  The CCPU number will tell you which MFT version is installed

• 4.27.12058_product is MFT 3.13 (the one I have)
  •  4.30.13171 is MFT 3.6.2 (the one I should have)

Ford was nice and got on the phone with my dealer making me an appointment to get it fixed.  The dealer still doesn't seem to know what they are doing.  They hear that it is a hybrid and just want to shutdown.

Edited by salsaguy