I spotted a Tesla yesterday!

Jmonty

I think the Tesla has some regen in it with the brakes so he could squeeze some out. Like to see how this car does climbing mountains...I know EV has torque et al, but if its like our CMax on EV, it will squeeze some juice out of it.

http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/mountain-driving-some-numbers - a Tesla owner talks about driving up to Mt. Baldy, and the ensuing discussion is interesting. The original poster's estimate was a cost of 6.3 miles of range per thousand feet of climb, and a return of 5 miles of range per thousand feet of descent.  

Edited by Noah Harbinger

They're very common here in Los Angeles especiallu around the Calabasas and Woodland Hills. I guess people have money around here....if u don't drive a BMW, Jaguar, or Mercedes, you're the odd one out...ala...moi. Add Tesla to the list ;)

Nice.

But LA is one of those places I'm scared to visit. Too many people.

http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/mountain-driving-some-numbers - a Tesla owner talks about driving up to Mt. Baldy, and the ensuing discussion is interesting. The original poster's estimate was a cost of 6.3 miles of range per thousand feet of climb, and a return of 5 miles of range per thousand feet of descent.  

If that were true, that would truly impress me.  

Well, what would impress me would be if they could do that in a $30k car.

It'll come, one day.

Nice.

But LA is one of those places I'm scared to visit. Too many people.

LA ain't bad, they're pretty courteous drivers (compare them to Frisco drivers which were the pitts when I was living there). Even in tourist parts of Hollywood, you're safe. Theres always the odd oddity that happens but LAPD is pretty much on top of things. Nothing worse than some violence scaring the tourists away... Edited by Jus-A-CMax

A coworker took me for a brief ride in his Tesla.  60 mph and I hardly noticed we were moving.  Then he demonstrated the passing ability by stomping on it!  If I had one of those I would probably lose my license for too many speeding tickets.

Of more practical import, the CEO of the company I work for got a Tesla, prompting the installation of a bank of chargers in our parking garage.  Woohoo!

Then again, about a month ago I saw one blow by me on the freeway, and five minutes later found it in my favorite charging spot downtown.  Doh!