C-Max is spending the night at the stealership

armoredsaint

Dropped it off this morning to get the head impact recall fixed, re-program the EV mode to 85 mph and check out the GPS issues.

They got the first two done, but needed more time for the GPS problem.

Surprised they're so slow and they originally promised me it wouldn't take longer than 6 hours to complete everything.

ETA: didn't get a free loaner, said Ford doesn't do that anymore  :headspin:

got my ride back a couple of hours ago - you can tell they did the headliner recall since his dirty fingerprints are in some parts of the headliner... :doh:

I feel your pain.  I had to take mine back in to be cleaned after they did it.  I just noticed there is a little tab of cloth over the rear view mirror "foot" that still needs to be "tucked in".  I have actually lost count of my trips to the dealership at this point. :drop:

I think I understand. I just brought mine in for its first service last week. It only has 3000 ICE miles, but 8000 total miles, so the oil wasn't due, but I wanted the tires rotated and an excuse to finally get the 3.5.2 and tailgate updates. That took a total of two days and they didn't get the 3.5.2 update right, so it had to bring it back for a third day. At least they didn't dirty the car and I got a loaner for both trips, but I don't think my car is going to see much of the dealer in the future.

They were very no-hassle about making it right, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt this time and give them a good eval on the survey.

In fairness, mine was the first Energi they sold (back in Novermber) and I don't think many dealers truly understand these cars yet. Ford has a long experience with the Escape hybrid, but I suspect that they were mostly fleet vehicles and the dealers might not have seen many. In any case, NY trails the West coast in green cars. Maybe it is jus worth the drive drive to Galpin, reputed to be the best dealer on the planet.