$550 checks from Ford = Who got theirs?

catsailor

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my check this past week.  Also got 58 MPG on my ride home from work today - 21 miles of freeway driving with congestion.  I'm averaging about 47.6 MPG this spring, summer and early fall - much better since the upgrade.  MFT is working great.  Car handles great, very comfortable.  Felt like I got a good price when I bought it and now Ford sends me $550.  

The C-Max has turned out to be everything I expected - I have no complaints. Rented a Prius a few months back.  Nicely engineered car that gets great mileage but not near the ride and power I get with my C-Max.  I'm very happy with my choice to go with Ford.

I was messing around on my drive into work today.  I've been applying P&G to get the good mileage.  This morning I decided to see if I could get the car into Negative Split Mode for an extended period.  I used the Empower Display and made sure I stayed above the threshold so that the ICE ran constantly and the battery charged to full.  The car then kicked into Negative Split Mode and I was getting 40 plus MPG in the instant MPG readout.  When I hit traffic that caused me to slow down EV kicked in.  I ended up getting 47.8 MPG on my drive to work.

I am curious what I'll see as it gets colder.  According to the specs on the upgrade some changes were made to improve mileage in the cold. Curious as to what those were.

I don't think I could get the Consumer Reports mileage now even if I tried.  Not really understanding how people are getting lousy mileage.  Must have really poor driving technique.

Just got my check this past week.  Also got 58 MPG on my ride home from work today - 21 miles of freeway driving with congestion.  I'm averaging about 47.6 MPG this spring, summer and early fall - much better since the upgrade.  MFT is working great.  Car handles great, very comfortable.  Felt like I got a good price when I bought it and now Ford sends me $550.  

The C-Max has turned out to be everything I expected - I have no complaints. Rented a Prius a few months back.  Nicely engineered car that gets great mileage but not near the ride and power I get with my C-Max.  I'm very happy with my choice to go with Ford.

I was messing around on my drive into work today.  I've been applying P&G to get the good mileage.  This morning I decided to see if I could get the car into Negative Split Mode for an extended period.  I used the Empower Display and made sure I stayed above the threshold so that the ICE ran constantly and the battery charged to full.  The car then kicked into Negative Split Mode and I was getting 40 plus MPG in the instant MPG readout.  When I hit traffic that caused me to slow down EV kicked in.  I ended up getting 47.8 MPG on my drive to work.

I am curious what I'll see as it gets colder.  According to the specs on the upgrade some changes were made to improve mileage in the cold. Curious as to what those were.

I don't think I could get the Consumer Reports mileage now even if I tried.  Not really understanding how people are getting lousy mileage.  Must have really poor driving technique.

Another fine example of how incompetent the Consumer Report mail department is at getting out the :rtfm:  "CMax is a 38 MPG Car" :rtfm:   Memo.

They should be ashamed, you didn't. I didn't. An, OBVIOUSLY, neither did 50+ members in our 600+ Club.

Jus Terrible... :stirpot:

PS Nice one, nsteblay :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Jus, just curious how many members we have now in the cmax forum so we can get a rough ratio % of those who made it to 600+ miles compared to total users. yes i know not all users are cmax owners (like me) and not all posters try for 600 miles but just curious.

1502 members as of a couple days ago

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/3018-membership/

And I'm gonna lock this thread, because most people are reporting their checks arriving on this one

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2921-refund-checks/