Best Month of MPG to date

HannahWCU

With the month of September coming to a close I had my best month yet for fuel economy.  I finished the month at 47.8 MPG (according to Fuelly).   And that was on over 1300 miles driven in the month.  And yes I have the update.  My previous best of 46 MPG was in July, pre update (~1300 miles driven also).

Just wondering if anyone else with a Fuelly average well below 47 (mine is 43.5, as you can see in my sig) has been able to best the 47mpg mark for more than a tank or two?

Hi Hannah.  I started the Summer around 42/43, with very limited Winter/Spring driving.  My Summer run has been 47.9 before the update, and 47.6, 50.5, 47.0, & 49.5 since the update (Aug/Sep).  That is about 6 MPG improvement, although you see I did do a 47.9 before the upgrade.  I agree with drd that driving habits are the greatest factor in MPG numbers, mine included.  Guessing at the MPG improvement I would say:  break-in (10%, +0.6 MPG), update (20%, +1.2 MPG), better weather (30%, +1.8 MPG), better driving (40%, +2.4 MPG).  Again, just a wild guess.  I really think that most of us are actually driving more efficiently, intentionally or not, and for those who are, much better results.  Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

I agree driving habits are a big part of FE with hybrids (weather also!).  Although I try to get the best mileage I can, I am finding myself just enjoying the drive more than worrying about the FE and I still get great MPG.  Interested to see how the cooler weather ahead will affect my FE.  I purchased my CMax in January and managed less than 40mpg that first month.  Looking back on it, that isn't bad considering the car was new, cold weather, no update, and not knowing how to drive it for best FE.  We will see.

January 23 here Hannah.  Won't forget that day, a lot of nervous sweating ............ first new car ...................  43,44,45.......all very good 'lifetime' numbers, all 'ahead of the curve'................. BTW, I contacted Fuelly to update the MPG ratings on the C-Max, and they are on it.  Can't wait for the Fuelly correction, so that many more of us can see that we are closer to or 'ahead of' the curve.  Again, 48 ish over a whole month (August) is great!

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

Hannah, got the 13B07 a few weeks ago and finally needed to re-fuel.  A/C season is pretty much over for the desert this year, and on the latest tank the stats show 46.5 mpg with about a 100 miles of city driving.  This was in the 38-41 mpg range during a/c season, so I expect an improvement as the miles roll on.  I am at only 6100 so far, so could just be finally broken in some.

I will pump tires to 40mpg and hope it helps.