WORST HAPPENINGS

marshtex2

The scariest happening was when I stopped for a gas fill up.  When finished and returned to get in, the door was locked and I had left the key inside, in the ignition switch, off.  How was I to get in?  Fortunately I had the second key in a different pocket and it worked to unlock the door.  As you see, I have the basic C-Max with a regular key.  On a few other occasions I come back to find the doors had locked (key removed) when I wasn't aware I had locked them.  Anyone else notice such things?  That second key never leaves my pocket now.

A one-time event was when I came out first thing in the morning to go and found the 12V battery dead, 0 volts.  I had a little battery charger that brought the battery back to life quite quickly.  Perhaps I had left something on but don't think so.  Anyone else come upon a dead battery without a reason for it?

I'm glad for the keyless entry!  With your dead battery, it is critical to report it to your dealer and to actually take it in and go on record that you have had a problem.  They will never get to the bottom of this serious ongoing problem if people don't report each and every incident. You never know if you will need the documentation down the road.

• 4 weeks later...

Go straight to your dealer.I have had mine die 3 times and just got it back yesterday. Time will tell if it is fixed. Took almost 28 days in service over 3 attempts (for this problem) to get me here.each time it was declared fixed but died again.call Ford roadside and get this documented for your own safety.

Ford offers an option to add a keypad on the outside of the car which can unlock the door.  I've had this option on other cars and has come in handy when I wanted to get something out of the car but didn't have the keys in my pocket.  I'm thinking of having ther dealer install the key pad.

Ford offers an option to add a keypad on the outside of the car which can unlock the door.  I've had this option on other cars and has come in handy when I wanted to get something out of the car but didn't have the keys in my pocket.  I'm thinking of having ther dealer install the key pad.

I considered this when I got my C-MAX.  I never did anything, since I can open the door just by having the fob with me.  My original thought concerned opening the door when I wouldn't have the fob, but that concern really never comes to pass very often.  I  just hope that I don't lose the fob when on a trip, after locking the door and leaving the C-MAX.