Got a new ride - BMW 650i Gran Coupe (4-door) - V8 w/ 445hp

armoredsaint

at least you know they have good insurance! hopefully  :)

,...thats the thing, he proclaim he has and LAPD wrote down the insurance number but it was some carrier I have not heard of before. I am covered nonetheless with the uninsured endorsement, jus in case.

Is that a split screen rear AND a HUD? Nice....now all it needs is a capucino machine in there, and I am set.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

,...thats the thing, he proclaim he has and LAPD wrote down the insurance number but it was some carrier I have not heard of before. I am covered nonetheless with the uninsured endorsement, jus in case.

Is that a split screen rear AND a HUD? Nice....now all it needs is a capucino machine in there, and I am set.

yep it's the Heads Up Display, it shows radio station, turn signals and Nav instructions too. the additional cameras are at the front side bumpers to see when pulling out. especially when you get blocked by a large car  :)

Holy crap AS, whatta car! Congratz!

ps it was a Beemer that took me out, don't drive like that lunatic ;)

I think anyone who drives a lot has seen that some BMW drivers are THE WORST (most prone to risky maneuvers, aggressive driving) drivers out there, beating even Mustang drivers by a factor of at least 10 to 1.

I've even declined people as clients partially because they have a BMW.

Not that having a BMW makes you an a-hole, but it's a pretty good indicator you might be one.

Uh....er.... nice car Armored Saint, congrats.

heh

Edited by MacGyver

I think anyone who drives a lot has seen that some BMW drivers are THE WORST (most prone to risky maneuvers, aggressive driving) drivers out there, beating even Mustang drivers by a factor of at least 10 to 1.

I've even declined people as clients partially because they have a BMW.

Not that having a BMW makes you an a-hole, but it's a pretty good indicator you might be one.

Uh....er.... nice car Armored Saint, congrats.

heh

to be fair, us hybrid drivers can be stereotyped as slow, old, liberal and jesus sandal wearing vegans  ;)

Hey, does that also show the distance between you and the car in front of you in the windshield, or am I dreaming?

the HUD is showing current speed and the posted speed - 73 in a 45 i was doing  ;)

but it does have lane departure warning, active radar cruise control and blind-spot warning.

Edited by armoredsaint

to be fair, us hybrid drivers can be stereotyped as slow, old, liberal and jesus sandal wearing vegans  ;)

Well, any generalization that posits that any group is all one thing is just dumb, but I drive all over L.A., and I'm tellin ya, I've seen more BMW people doing INSANELY STUPID stuff, like passing within AN INCH of another car to pass / change lanes, etc., tailgating, etc.,etc.,etc., than drivers of ANY other car.

And it's not class envy, I used to own a mercedes, I know all too well that with that nice a car, you'd better not merge into someone's lane less than 1/4 mile ahead of them if they're driving a POS or you're risking some seriously class-envy enhanced road rage, (like they seriously want to kill you for changing lanes) so I'm not mad about them being or pretending to be richie riches, and I don't begrudge people having a little fun with their cars, but they just do it so unsafely and rudely and with such disregard for others and in such higher rates (seriously, 10-1 vs ANY other brand/model is a CONSERVATIVE estimate) that it's hard not to come to the point where you view anyone who owns one with a jaundiced eye...

My theory is that with the included maintenance, the math of how much a BMW costs to own has actually come down to the point where immature idiots who would not have bought BMWs now do, get intoxicated by its power and precision, and start to drive like they're 15... usually the worst behavior is seen by those driving the lower end models...

I drop the max down into low on a fairly regular basis for fun and blow by traffic, so I get it, playing at the upper edge of your performance envelope is fun, this is probably why a lot of us bought C-maxs vs. prii, it just pisses me off that these douchebags are willing to risk everyone's life for a thrill or to get to their destination a couple seconds earlier.

Not trying to stir the pot, BUT

I don't remember very many (if any) 1 finger salutes in our BMW's or the Mini Cooper (manufactured by BMW).

BUT I DO salute civic, Prius, Focus, etc, etc :rant: !!! drivers when they try to run over the front wheel of my motorcycle.

Thanks for reading :rockon: I feel better now.

wab

Well, any generalization that posits that any group is all one thing is just dumb, but I drive all over L.A., and I'm tellin ya, I've seen more BMW people doing INSANELY STUPID stuff, like passing within AN INCH of another car to pass / change lanes, etc., tailgating, etc.,etc.,etc., than drivers of ANY other car.

And it's not class envy, I used to own a mercedes, I know all too well that with that nice a car, you'd better not merge into someone's lane less than 1/4 mile ahead of them if they're driving a POS or you're risking some seriously class-envy enhanced road rage, (like they seriously want to kill you for changing lanes) so I'm not mad about them being or pretending to be richie riches, and I don't begrudge people having a little fun with their cars, but they just do it so unsafely and rudely and with such disregard for others and in such higher rates (seriously, 10-1 vs ANY other brand/model is a CONSERVATIVE estimate) that it's hard not to come to the point where you view anyone who owns one with a jaundiced eye...

My theory is that with the included maintenance, the math of how much a BMW costs to own has actually come down to the point where immature idiots who would not have bought BMWs now do, get intoxicated by its power and precision, and start to drive like they're 15... usually the worst behavior is seen by those driving the lower end models...

I drop the max down into low on a fairly regular basis for fun and blow by traffic, so I get it, playing at the upper edge of your performance envelope is fun, this is probably why a lot of us bought C-maxs vs. prii, it just pisses me off that these douchebags are willing to risk everyone's life for a thrill or to get to their destination a couple seconds earlier.

Those Caravans are the worse, much more so than any Beemer.They drive those like they don't know the rules or they are practically falling apart on the road. *sigh*

i think Jus knows what i mean when i say, watch out for the BMWs in Glendale,CA... seems to be the capital of BMW and Mercedes. i think he knows the population makeup there now. was very different even i lived there growing up though.

sadly too many kids are spoiled by their rich dads and given expensive cars like BMWs.