Ordered a 2014 Ford C-Max

Ponypower

You can see my lifetime number at the bottom of my posts.  It was almost 49 MPG, but I went on a long highway trip, which knocked it down a bit.  You will be very happy with your choice.

If you can go for it, get the Panoramic Roof.  It makes the interior look even bigger.  Costly, I know, but I am happy with the selection.

This is a great car that's great on gas, too. Treat it like a sports car and you'll get sports car mileage. Treat it like a hybrid and you'll get somehwere between 35 and 60 MPG, but be prepared; the pattern of high and low is backwards!

I realize that's a heck of a mileage range, but speed matters. Doing 70MPH, I'm getting about 38MPG if I exclude acceleration, on-ramps, etc. Driving back roads to work, 55MPG for the round trip is going to come up regularly... but I'm only averaging 30 mph.

And that's just the beginning...

HAve fun,

Frank

Edited by fbov

Power - theres no button to press. YOU decide with your right foot.

Now Mr.OP, are you sure you do not want a nice, pleasant, green, sunshine loving, green fields with blue skies with a backdrop of beautiful black/white moo-moo cows in the background, ♪ ♫ whistling ♫ ♪ music ♪Prii♪ now? Its a great little Japanese car. R u sure you want all the controversy with the CMax...the MPG, the dead battery, the windows rolling down. Jus playing the Devils Advocate here...and I do well, I know, I have no car at the moment...except this wee lil no-guts thing called a Toyota....

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

• 3 weeks later...

Got my Vin# today, 1-FADP5BU7EL500369

2014 FORD C-MAX, 303A PACKAGE WITH SUNROOF

Does anyone know where to go for the build date?

Have a happy C-Max day!!

Ponypower

The dealer should give you an approximate build date.

The exact build date will not be available until the week before it is actually built.

This is when the window sticker will be available which shows the scheduled build date.

Read this thread for build date and delivery tracking information.

From that thread:

"Once you have the VIN, you can pull the window sticker (about a week before the build) at:  http://www.researchm...yCarOrders.html"

And congratulations on the expected delivery!