a SOB caused my accident!

wab

That just isn't right, I can't believe how inconsiderate some people can be.  Totally inexcusable to hit someone and run.  Especially if they left no contact info?  I backed into a car once at a shopping area and of course tried to locate the owner.  After no success left a note as any responsible person should.  And we settled out of insurance.  Case closed.  Very sorry, hope the wife is doing well?

I hope the wife is feeling better. The new knee will be better in the long run but is probably no fun now.

Sorry to hear about your Max. Somebody did the same thimg to the front bumper of my Prius a few weeks ago while at a church parking lot. Left a BIG dent in the left side of the front bumper and scratched the entire front of the hood. The only clue we found was a mud flab that they left behind, so we are constantly looking around for a large 4x4 with only one flap.

Yes, there have been a lot of mishaps lately...almost had one myself last night coming home from dinner out.  I said "My, that reindeer Christmas decoration is really close to the road"  and then it looked up at me...that was a little too close.

Sorry, about your max, but I too believe in karma and they will get theirs.  Hopefully their vehicle looks worse than yours.

I saw someone back out of a parking space at a grocery store. They hit the car next to them at the driver door and scrapped down to then rear. They got stuck half way and punched the gas and ripped the rear bumper off of the parked car. Then just drove away like nothing happened. Lucky I was there  :camera: with a cell phone camera. I called the police and gave them some nice pics of the licence plate and driver.

I couldn't beleive what was happening. The poor woman that owned the car came out while I was waitng on the police. She freeked. Happy ending. She got a new car out of it, and the driver that did it went to jail. Guess he had  license suspended and was not supossed to be driving.

So sorry to hear about your accident. Hopefully the hospital has cameras and the police can track down who did this.

Thank you.

Finding who did it is probably not going to happen.

I learned about stolen, damaged, etc vehicles a long time ago.

The policeman was very apologetic, kind of leaned over and told me he had :30 minutes to spend on each stolen (motorcycle  :rant2:  ) vehicle. He then whispered that the paper work took him :35.

I turned it in to security at the hospital.

They didn't act like they wanted to get involved.

My UNinsured  motorist deductible is $125. Plus I'll get some ?$ for diminished value.

I'm fighting this, I've been down the diminished value  :rant2: CarFax bottomless pit before :nonono:.

I've asked MANY (dealerships, body shops, insurance co., etc) people how to contact them. Their Published # is a Fax machine.

GetHuman says to call 800-789-6232 average wait time 22 :lol: minutes Mon thru Fri.

wab

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed

hope Jus-A-CMax has better luck

They only had to paint 3 times...took 3 weeks.

They ordered a bumper, painted it and called telling me to bring the car, then they told me they should have waited on the car.

Repainted and they still didn't like it + "tri coat" + "tri coat" ='s too many coats.

SO

They ordered another bumper.

post-554-0-35105800-1386977904_thumb.jpg

Edited by wab

Fixed

hope Jus-A-CMax has better luck

They only had to paint 3 times...took 3 weeks.

They ordered a bumper, painted it and called telling me to bring the car, then they told me they should have waited on the car.

Repainted and they still didn't like it + "tri coat" + "tri coat" ='s too many coats.

SO

They ordered another bumper.

I got mine back today. Thanks for your thoughts :love_shower: