Santa came earlier today....

Jus-A-CMax

Tis the season to be jolly, Fa la la la la la la la la...cause Maxine is back.... 

So I got the call Maxine was ready today so I drove down there...SHE LOOKED SPANKY NEW GOOD!!!!! The paint work is incredible, the paint match was spot on and even the wee lil crappy chip jobs I did on the front are now all gone, thanks to the respray. Even got the 2 stage touch up paint as well.

Test the car and everything is functional, including the park assist and the ONE NINJA kick liftgate was working.

GPS was working.

The music was PUMPING!!!!!

Before....and After
11362698095_7d936da7d1_c.jpg

More pics...paint feels SO NEW....
11362791005_73539871e9_c.jpg

Maxine may look spanking new but she suffered a lot including frame and suspension damage. It was horrendous. This was a good $13K repair job, I have the Final Invoice but jus not enuf to warrant sending Maxine to the heap. Either way would not have mattered to me - shes a great car and reliable..so my fingers crossed she will be happy at home. A new CMax meant breaking in the new engine all over again and who knows what else may come with it....you get the drift.

Now...but I SUX at driving.

Almost 7 weeks without the CMax and I felt I lost "da feather touch". So it felt like I jus got the car new and learning all over again on how to drive...

I had to get use to the SUPER brakes.

the wide and clear windows.

the smell of the interior smelling new.

I had to get use to the up right seating position.

Remembering the 2 bar burns vs 1 bar burns.

...and of course, nothing is complete without....ta da.....an argument with the MFT. This time, over how to cancel the home destination....

I left the car with the Avg MPG at 63 MPGs at the time of the accident and it came back at 51.8MPG. Oh well. I know the body shop did testing as well, I talked to their driver. Cool guy indeed.

:yahoo: ....but I have my CMax back! :happy feet:

My car was fixed by Ford Auto Body located in Van Nuys aka prideautobody.com. They're the body shop for Galpin and came highly recommended. I can't say ENUF about these guys, they are a PRO shop throughout, from the guys that move the vehicles and getting the cars ready to the office.

While I commend their work, I will say "here's to hoping everything hangs" together... :rockon:...I know for me in my healing, my tingly finger issue came recently as a consequence but the body shop has a lifetime warranty on their work for as long as I own Maxine. :) Not 6 months, lifetime.

Now, for those who really helped me through all this: Laurel, Adair, Fr.Bill, Frank, Brother Mike, Paul, Rachel, SalsaGuy, wab, wamba2000, Matt, and many others here who sent their prayers and well wishes, I cannot thank you all enough. It helped so much! I will say a prayer to everyone of you to return the favour 10 fold. Laurel - a special shout out because what you did last week was magical, it truly was and jus shows the power of prayer, I kid you not.

I still have a wee bit more therapy to go, the tingling is lessening now and I can't wait till I have word from my physician that I can "play again".......I so want to hit ONE golf shot. Funny enuf, I am buying an SLDR driver and an Ahina shaft as a Christmas pressie to myself for the 2 months of missing golf. Told ya I was a Golf Nut.... :drool:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Glad to hear you got your car back in great shape! I've been lurking here for a while, but I've had you in my prayers anonymously since the wreck. Your posts have helped me get more out of my own C-Max. I really hope your finger tingle issue resolves, as if that happened to me, it would drastically impact my bass and keyboard playing (I'm a musician and music teacher). Here's hoping the new year restores your "feather touch" with Maxine, and complete healing and a significant drop in your golf score!

Edited by TheXym

Jus

Glad you’re getting back to “normal”!

A friend (rear-ended) thinks it would be a good idea if you do not take your driver to the range the first time + he says you probably should look for a par 3 for your first outing.

wab

Yes, I agree. I need to groove my iron swing first and then work to the longer irons, hybrid, 3 wood and then the driver. Tell him I am also planning to pick up Swing Byte 2 this Christmas to help me re-groove my swing. It will be a while till I get to smash the driver at full speed...but its something to look forward to, other than driving Maxine :)

Yah! Wifey gox Max to do some runs today and I get the Jag. Funny that, I call Maxine and she calls Max, no wonder the car is so confused... ;)

YAY!!! That was just the best news to come home to!!! I'm so happy for you! For me it was hard to be w/o Jelly for 10 days this summer, so I can't imagine how it was for you for this long! WOW, she really looks great!! Jus like a new car, right off the showroom! And how did they get the new car smell back? Inquiring minds want to know!

Don't worry, your 6th sense with Maxine will take over before you know it, and you'll be back in fine form again.

Now, all the rest of you out there..........don't nobody go gettin' in any accidents any more!!! Y'all hear??

Jus, so glad you and Maxine are together again and she looks good as new.  All I have to say about it is...Praise God, all worked out for the best.  I will continue to pray for a complete recovery from your injuries and a clean bill of health.  BTW, I like that decal on Maxine rear window, can I ask what it is from?  I'm sort of a decal freak and like to design and make my own decals.

Take care Brother Jus

Edited by mtb9153

Now, all the rest of you out there..........don't nobody go gettin' in any accidents any more!!! Y'all hear??

I live in southern Arizona and we just got the yearly influx of snowbirds, so no promises!

Jus, glad you got your baby back. I know how stressful it can be having a car in the shop for weeks, hoping it comes out as good as it went in!

Today, I took Maxine out for a test hypermile run....lets jus say....MY GIRL CAN HYPERMILE...more on that later. I have to go and cook dinner.

As Paul said, this feels like family to have Maxine back now and I can play along with all of you. :love_shower:

I am always appreciative and humble by all the support, thoughts and prayers each and everyone have shown me.

PS Did I tell everyone how AMAZING the view of the road is from the CMax.

PS 2.0 I tanked up at Costco this evening, some short asian dude was giving me and Maxine the :airquote:  eye as he filled up his Prius C...you know the lil dinky one. Now I did not say EVIL, jus the eye.....perhaps it was the Club track of Ne-Yo "Let me Love You" pumping away there at 130 beats per minute over a catchy bass that caught his attention as he filled in silence.....I dunno. I jus smiled at him as I was air beating in the driver seat to the tune. Catching up on my music....Jus Sayin :victory:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Glad to hear Maxine is back and looking good!

Shes looking so, so sweet Liz. I drove her this morning to work and although my FE driving is still off kilter, it produced a 68+ MPG run. I think that now that shes outside in the cold and not in the garage (due to crap I have in there, its not helping to shorten the warm up cycle)...but it was fun AND FRUSTRATING as I missed the timing of the lights....oh what a game.... :dance:

1st full day with my baby!!!!

I :wub2:  to drive this car!

68.1 MPG to work this morning, about 5 MPG less than my standard (or 0.02 more than usual). Surface street, peak hour.

60.1 MPG from work to my physician for treatment. Surface street. It does not make any sense to hit the freeway cause they are JAMMED. Its actually faster via surface street since its peak hour.

45.8 MPG from physician coming back via the 2 and the 118 @68mph and some big hills to climb. For those who live here, they know what I mean.

55.2 MPG total for the day, 70.8 miles. Not bad, considering I wanted to come home quick...its been a long day. Still felt out of kilter with the FE driving and re-learning to read the car and lights.

Occassionally I would do something instinctive and I go "Oh...thats right"....or "Woo Wee".... :shift:

Maxine is great, no sqeeks, everything performed and the steering is TRUE. Like as if she was never hit. Amazing job by Ford Auto Body down@Van Nuys. By the way, they are a rare factory certified repairer. This place was recommended by the Galpin Service Manager himself....I am impressed with their work and I think so is Maxine.

I did have the BEST time driving today even in the worst of traffic. Whatta car :rockon:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Ugh. I just finished arguing with my insurance about "Betterment & Taxes". Apparently, if they replace the tire, you the insured, can be due betterment and taxes on top of the deductible. Check your policy wording. Luckily mine was on for the tire that got destroyed and it was 10%. Not much in the light of things but it took a few days and calls to figure out "what the hell is this...."