A5 Nav Card now available

That is just poor public relations!  That sort of lack of good will with a new customer who spent nearly $30,000 is unacceptable.  I can see that policy with us oldies but not with a brand new customer.  That stinks. :sad:

+1 as well.

That truly stinks & frankly BAD PR.

What NEW posters don't know is that last year, Ford had no issues with going from A3 to A4 and update our MFT but now, no A5?

Huh? I do hope they will reconsider this silliness and I say again: BAD PR & Marketing.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Yup truly stinks.

I will make sure that is written in on the service ticket by manager before we pick up our car , when we end up buying it.

Unless it's written they don't have to do it.

A5 or walk out the door.

Yes it's not much but it does add up if everyone dogs this.

Hope ours is new enough build that it comes with A5 or we build it from scratch.

Yup truly stinks.

I will make sure that is written in on the service ticket by manager before we pick up our car , when we end up buying it.

Unless it's written they don't have to do it.

A5 or walk out the door.

Yes it's not much but it does add up if everyone dogs this.

Hope ours is new enough build that it comes with A5 or we build it from scratch.

Mate, you'll be on A9 by the time that happens and it's a 100MPG car (which Consumer Report will finally get a 47MPG on their precious circuit in the snow...am I having a dig at them-you BETCHA) .... :lol2:  & time to... :flyaway:

I bought my car last Friday, built in March and it had the A5 card.  Luck of the draw, I guess.

Score! This is an important post as weebee can use this to go back to the dealer/Ford....

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Has anyone who updated it noticed any differences in the map layout?  I have a rental Focus (stupid CMax in the shop AGAIN) and I swear the map looks different.  The street names show up on little signs.  Anyone else notice this?  New feature or just a different layout from the get go.  I keep forgetting to take the SD card out of the Focus to check the version.

• 1 month later...

Got my A5 card in the mail today and checked it out. With all the construction going on here in San Antonio it has to have some changes to the roads here..lol

I agree that the cost of updating the maps is ridiculous!!  Not like it is Ford that actually does the map updates but rather package on an SD card however I only paid $49 for my A5 card so I am not as ticked off if I would had have paid the dealership cost!!

Chuck

FYI - They dont update map data until LONG after the construction is completed. They (state/city) cant legally do it since the construction has to be stated completely done and then the municipalities/cities/states have the road engineers have to then map it electronically with a gps enabled car and if there are road sensors then need to get all that data. Then after that they need to edit it and then they need to verify it and then they need to sell it to all the map makers like NAVTeq and others like them, and then Navteq and others sell that data to the Automobile makers so that they can include it in a DVD-rom or SD card to include on their cars. This is a very long process so by the time a DVD/SD card is available to the public, your data may be already 1-2 years old already, meaning that the businesses (POIs) data is even worse since businesses and POIs change more than roads do which is the more important reason to update your NAV SD card or DVD-rom, to get the latest POIs info. Roads dont change that often

You can see if a new road/street is on the new map data by going to the NAVteq site since they supply the majority of the gos data for Garmin and most other NAV units.

Every auto maker is different though. Not sure what Ford uses.

You can go here to report a new road if its not already in there or if you see an error so it gets fixed on the next map update:

https://mapreporter.navteq.com/?userType=CONSUMER&language=en#dashboard

Got my A5 card in the mail today and checked it out. With all the construction going on here in San Antonio it has to have some changes to the roads here..lol

I agree that the cost of updating the maps is ridiculous!!  Not like it is Ford that actually does the map updates but rather package on an SD card however I only paid $49 for my A5 card so I am not as ticked off if I would had have paid the dealership cost!!

Chuck

You can go here to report a new road if its not already in there or if you see an error so it gets fixed on the next map update:

https://mapreporter.navteq.com/?userType=CONSUMER&language=en#dashboard

Thanks for the link - I bought an A5 card a couple months ago when they came out, however found that a road in Northern VA (Rt 7100 changed to Rt 286) changed names in August 2012, but on the A5 card it still has the old name - so I wonder if the cutoff date for generating that A5 version was a while ago?  Anyway, I checked the link above and in this case it now has been updated.

Chuck

Question of the day is: Where did you find an A5 card for $49?

Yeah, I just bought one there listed for $39.50 (I didn't try to get the buyer to go lower since it was also free shipping).

Now, I am *assuming* my delivered C-Max will only have A4, so there's always a chance I'll have this to sell if it comes with the newest (I'll know Thursday, but this price was too good to pass up).

Edited by Kelleytoons

Looks like the Ford maps on the nav are by telenav so I found this info on the web on how to notify them of bad data:

www.telenav.com

"Telenav provides three navigation products — beamed-in (SYNC Services), brought-in (Ford SYNC AppLink) and built-in (MyFord Ford Touch) — to Ford Motor Company. The collaboration between Ford and Telenav delivers high-quality, user-friendly experiences that are touted by technologists and consumers alike."

here is the contact info for them:

"There are various methods of notifying TeleNav about mapping changes. First and foremost you may call our 24hr customer care at (888)-353-6284 and inform anyone of our representatives about the mapping change in your area.

Secondly you may also email our customer care at care@telenav.com with the mapping information. All emails are read and reviewed daily, and lastly you may also post within our online community, which is closely monitored by our online community management team."

Looking at their site they also provide the maps for the highly rated QNX based nav/infotainment system that is in the Audi's and supposedly coming in the next gen C-Maxes (2015/2016?)

Was your new Cmax newly built fresh from factory or is it just being delivered from another dealers lot and was built a while ago?

did you go on the etis site already to see the window sticker to see the build date?

It was not freshly built -- got it from another dealer's lot.  Nearest I can figure is that it was made in January (without a lot of checking that appears as a date several times on things, like the keys).

It did come with A4, so the $40 I spent for A5 was worth it (I guess -- I spent far more than that on my first Garmin update, before they had the lifetime maps thing).  

Looks like the Ford maps on the nav are by telenav so I found this info on the web on how to notify them of bad data:

www.telenav.com

"Telenav provides three navigation products — beamed-in (SYNC Services), brought-in (Ford SYNC AppLink) and built-in (MyFord Ford Touch) — to Ford Motor Company. The collaboration between Ford and Telenav delivers high-quality, user-friendly experiences that are touted by technologists and consumers alike."

here is the contact info for them:

"There are various methods of notifying TeleNav about mapping changes. First and foremost you may call our 24hr customer care at (888)-353-6284 and inform anyone of our representatives about the mapping change in your area.

Secondly you may also email our customer care at care@telenav.com with the mapping information. All emails are read and reviewed daily, and lastly you may also post within our online community, which is closely monitored by our online community management team."

Looking at their site they also provide the maps for the highly rated QNX based nav/infotainment system that is in the Audi's and supposedly coming in the next gen C-Maxes (2015/2016?)

Hey salsaguy,

The map data for our SD card navigation is provided by HERE, formerly known as NAVTEQ.The easiest and fastest way to report missing roads and POIs is on our map provider's website here:

https://mapreporter.navteq.com/#dashboard

Currently the SD card updates are not on their website (www.navigation.com), but we plan to have them available on there in the future.

For those of you wanting an A5 card, I suggest contacting a few dealers to ensure the best price. Since I don't know where the SD cards on E-Bay are coming from, I do not recommend them. :)

Rebecca

Edited by FordIVTteam