Anyone receive a compensation check yet?

bro1999

Just received it yesterday.  Along with it was the new MPG post in the letter.  The MPG is now 40 combined / 42 city / 37 hwy.  Now, that is about right since my lifetime AVG is 39.5MPG currently at about 27K total miles.  I've driven mostly on hwy and no hypermiling (guess what MPH I have been driven).  The received amount is going back to the full size spare wheel and kits that I paid for when bought the car.

40/42/37 is not bad at all considering 184HP and fast (could be better with more touque on the motor).

Reading through nearly all the thread posted on here, if this car fixes all its shortcomings (missing sparewheel, i.e.), this would be a perfect car without playing game with the EPA MPG.

Edited by mxanotcar

Seriously, does it get any better then this?  I purchased my 2013 C-Max SE Hybrid July 31, 2013.  Had an MSRP of $26.500 + -.  Used my Ford X-Plan (and) with Regional Promotional Discount added $1000 off (plus) a Special Mailed Offer for an additional $750 Discount (and) 36 months financing through Ford Credit at .09% APR.  First Ford Rebate Check arrived last Fall for $550 and today, FedEx delivered a surprise envelope with yet (another) check for an additional $475.  I don`t give a damn what CR or JD Powers says, I have (No) issue with either Ford or my C-Max.  Now, if I can get my "Global Open" Windows (deactivated) so they won`t accidentally open when my Key Fob is in my pocket, I`ll truly be happy!

Will I get a goodwill payment if I already sold my car?

Yes. We intend to provide goodwill payments to current and previous owners of the six affected vehicles.

Awesome! I was worried I wouldn't get one since I bought mine used, but the sticker had 45/40/43 when I bought it.

Shhhh, don't tell them my lifetime average is 43.3 and climbing :P

Anyone that leased get a check yet? I'm thinking Ford is mailing out the checks to owners first...

I received my check on Friday - $475.  I can't complain, first $550 and now $475.  I just passed 10,000 miles and my lifetime average is 43.9 mpg.  My summer mileage runs about 49 mpg around town and I don't make any special effort at hypermiling.

My Cmax has been rear ended, fixed to almost new including the leather smell now and still getting BETTER MPGs than it before the crash, what a car. I don't care if they rate it all the way down to 3 MPGs, I know what this car is capable of in the right hands.

Now, the check will be a NICE bonus - if Tehuti has it, it must be close, checking the mail box.

Enjoy the  :happy feet:  $$$ :spend: fellas - lots of beer money in there for sure :rockon:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

LOL, or maybe offer $8000 for the dead battery inconvenience.  If I had the battery problem and Ford offered me $8000, I'd be a happy man! :)

Just curious, this dead battery problem, is it only effecting early production C-Max`s?  My C-Max was built 6/2013 and I have yet to hear of any problems of any nature of C-Max`s built (after) Mid-Summer of 2013?