Battle of the Hybrids!

Adrian_L

Just for grins, I plotted a non-highway route from Leesburg to Orlando on Google Maps, and copied the route link into GPSVisualiser. The map link is beside the printer icon, and you enter it above "plot profile." I set the scale for 200' to match my plot.

post-1320-0-58709700-1408133999_thumb.jpg

And compared it with my rural commuting route...

post-1320-0-63989000-1404239135_thumb.png

Mt. Dora gives you the same approx. elevation change (100 ft.) and while the distance is 3x longer to Orlando, you get the message that there are plenty of gentle hills in central FLA where you can play mileage games with your C-Max! I'd never have found the peak height on my route from the drivers' seat, it's just a gentle rise, but I got 45mpg going uphill (to a picnic) and 61 mpg coming down hours later...a 56mpg route average, that I see day after day since Spring!

Just wait until yours is broken in!

Frank

Edited by fbov

Just wait until yours is broken in!

Frank

Interesting that you say this.

I've been worried lately (and I HATE to worry) that in looking at others' screenshots they all seem to show more battery than I ever see.  About the best I ever see on my battery is about half full, when I see others that look up to 3/4 full.  I have 1300 miles or so on Maximis -- but I thought the battery was broken in by now.

Should I be concerned or does anyone think this is normal and it will eventually improve?  I have to say that, in general, I'm happy with the mileage I can get (I average in the high 40's even with the A/C on with a combination of city and highway driving) but if I'm missing out on something I want it NOW!

Virginia's mountains eat yours for breakfast!  (I can't imagine what California's would do.)  The great thing about the C-Max is that it takes them all like they aren't there.  Absolutely love the "no shift" drive train.  Hit a 5% grade on the Interstate and the engine just speeds up a bit (which you don't even hear), no down shifting,  no hint that you are going up a hill.  Love it!

Yeah, all of Florida is so flat compared to where I came from it's silly (I lived 30 years at the base of the Sierra Nevadas with the elevation around 20K.  Climbing in a car up to Tahoe was *really* interesting -- would have been fun to try and take the C-Max up there.  At least coming down I could have gotten GREAT mpg!)

We live close to Iron Mountain! I think that it's hilarious that hills in Florida are called mountains! :lol: Here is a list of our "mountain range"!

That is funny, Rick - those are bluffs and drumlins (glacial mounds) around here.  We need the extra HP of the C-Max to get around our mountains. (Priii - DOA)

Mt Olympus in background (pic taken from wee Mt Ellinor earlier this summer)

post-328-0-12958000-1408207350_thumb.jpg

Edited by C-MaxSea

Yep, looks like my old home.

I DO miss the mountains (we had about that view you posted above out our back window, and we ourselves were up on about a 1K foot "hill" so no neighbors to obstruct it.  That little hill we lived on would have towered above anything in Florida but we didn't think anything of it).

But that's the ONLY thing I miss about Nevada (do not miss snow, that's for sure).