Sirius update 0% [stuck]

Reset my signal and just tried removing fuse 79 and 73(which was hell, seriously could they put the fusebox in harder spot to reach?) and it did not work.  Anyway, on another thread it said fuse 67 and 79 but i didnt pull out 67.   hope it fixes itself, but its been about an hour and still stuck on 0% update.  Not sure if im brave enough to do the battery thing (is the battery in the trunk ? i think i watched a video about the battery and they guy had to dismantle a bunch of bolts prior, wth?? lol easier on my previous  german car i owned).  Sucks i just paid 5 days ago  to renew my membership, i couldnt figure out how to use the fm radio lol, plus i dont think it was working either due to the sirius update, navigation also has no volume. GRRR. 

Edited by DarenHayes

Ok.. i fixed my Sirius, thank gosh !! .. I removed fuses 69 and 79 (under glove compartment) and waited 5 minutes with car off (it wouldnt turn on anyway) , during that time, i had my signal resent from sirius.   I then plugged both fuses back in, started the car, then i turned the car off , and removed only fuse79 and plugged it back it immediately and turned the car on and it worked.. I didnt have a fuse box puller, so i just called the fire department to come with the jaws of life to remove the fuses for me , but it worked !! awesome ~! 

• 1 month later...

I took my 2013 Cmax Hybrid into Nicholas Ford, Inverness FL. where I have an extended warranty with $100 deductible. They told me that I'd have to leave the car because it would take several hours to repair and that I would need to pay the $100 deductible. This is all after the radio was just repaired because it would not play 2 Months ago. They told me it needed to be updated and charged me $50. They said the programming was required every 4 years. However, here I am, 60 days later and the radio is broken again. I called Sirius and they said it was a Ford issue since it was a factory installed radio. 

Two different Tech's fooled around with the radio, apparently not knowing what they were doing, one reset it to factory settings and deleted all my addresses and settings.

Now reading the solutions here in the Forum it looks like I'm being "gamed". I'm going to appeal to Nicholas Ford because nobody there suggested a common fix like removing a fuse or disconnecting the Battery terminal. It makes me suspicious that Ford is getting like Muffler King and creating expensive alternatives. Especially after they just repaired the radio 60 days ago.

Frustrated!

It is fuse 79 and the fuse panel is located under the glove box. I just took it to my neighborhood Mechanic (Garage) Gary's on Lecanto Highway in Beverly Hills, Fl. His mechanic had the fuse out in 30 seconds. We  waited 10 minutes and he put it back in, started the car and BINGO, everything worked. He charged me "0" because I get my oil changed there.

Nicholas Ford in Inverness wanted $100. and wanted to keep the car for a day. No one there knew anything about fixing the problem so they wanted to go through a diagnosis ( 3 hours), to isolate the problem. Then charge me the deductible ($100) and charge GM the balance @ $119.00/hr. So their net fee to fix was at least $360. SCAM!.

Thank you all so much for allowing this Forum a way to help normal folks against these crooks.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Why isn’t Ford recalling this part to fix it? I shouldn’t have to pull fuses every week when my audio system freezes in order to use my car and keep my battery from dying. They know this issue exists for everyone with this car. My 2013 has been in the shop for Sync resets and repairs almost monthly since buying it new and I’ve had it towed multiple times for the battery dying when the radio wouldn’t turn off. It has been towed twice in the past two weeks and now I’m having to either disconnect the battery or pull the fuses every time I park it because it needs a $500 audio control module replaced and it is out of warranty (despite it being in the shop for the issue monthly since the first month I owned the car). Thanks for everyone who has posted tips on how to pull the fuses and disconnect the battery. My Ford dealer used your tips today to teach me how to do it. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...