How to Pair Sansa Clip Zip player to Audio System?

Hello everyone.  I just purchased a C-MAX SE for the wife to replace a 2007 Mazda 3 . We have had it for a week and so far she's very happy with it.  Great mileage and very surprised how quiet it is. Drives well too.

She has a Sansa Clip Zip that she would like to use via the Bluetooth link. Since the Sansa Clip does not have Bluetooth , I have a Bluetooth transmitter ( Taotronics) that I can attach to the player.

How do I pair this to the C-Max Audio System? ( Standard )

I cant seem to find the Bluetooth pairing function . 

Thanks

I think it's under Phone settings. SYNC expects Bluetooth-connected devices to be phones, so while it should recognize your Bluetooth transmitter, it might not recognize the connected Sansa as a media player.

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/pair-your-phone-sync

Take a look at the Ford SYNC site: syncmyride.com

http://support.ford.com/topics/sync-technology

The base SE audio system has SYNC with MyFordnot MyFordTouch

SYNC also lets you use your Sansa-to-USB connection/charging cable into the USB port in the console under the armrest, or you can plug it into the Line In audio port there via a 3.5mm male/male audio cable. Line In obviously does not permit switching playlists or tracks, but the steering-wheel volume control still works.

SE owners can subscribe to additional SYNC Services* for $60 a year. That gets you turn-by-turn instructions sent to the car (and brief turn-instructions (not maps) displayed on the 5" center console screen) via a Bluetooth-linked phone when you plan the trip destination and send it to SYNC from mapquest.com.

Because it doesn't send maps, SYNC will re-calculate directions from your car's GPS location if you go off-route. SYNC gives you the choice to discontinue and resume later based on your current position, instead of expecting you to backtrack.

It's best to connect and SYNC or re-SYNC the directions before the vehicle begins moving, because it does take a few moments to download the instructions. Subscribing to SYNC Services also gets you up to 20 operator-assisted calls per year. 

*Cost of SYNC Services is $60 per year for SE owners. SEL owners get 3-years of SYNC Services free, but that still requires registration and annual no-cost renewal.

Edited by kostby

I understand that it's SYNC with MYFORD since mine is Basic Model +

I have not tried to sync via cell phone. I think the problem with Sansa clip is that there is no way to input the pairing code with the transmitter. It expects to be auto paired via A2DP .   

I used the USB approach with the Sansa but it finds only the music folders that's in the Sansa memory  but not the ext. memory where my music is stored.  Maybe I am wrong . I will try again.

Yes I know I can use the LINE in function . That should work for sure and independent of music format.

Finally I just transferred her files to a USB stick and that works very well.

I suppose the Ford Audio Decoder will only work for mp3 files  ? Will it  work with FLAC files ?   Anyway I  can easily convert FLAC to mp3 using Foobar2000.

BTW do I have to register anything with  SYNC ? I don't need their extra services. 

Thanks

You can convert FLAC to mp3 with Media Monkey, but only for 30 days for free (then you'll need the paid version).  If you have a certain number of FLAC files you could convert them all in that time and be done with it.

Media Monkey can also balance the volume so if you are using playlists or otherwise random playing you won't have to keep increasing/decreasing the sound.

I suppose the Ford Audio Decoder will only work for mp3 files  ? Will it  work with FLAC files ?   Anyway I  can easily convert FLAC to mp3 using Foobar2000.

From the owners manual: "SYNC is capable of hosting nearly any digital media player including: iPod®, Zune™, Plays from device players, and most USB drives. SYNC also supports audio formats, such as MP3, WMA, WAV and ACC."

Doesn't sound like FLAC is supported.

You can convert FLAC to mp3 with Media Monkey, but only for 30 days for free (then you'll need the paid version).  If you have a certain number of FLAC files you could convert them all in that time and be done with it.

Shoot -- I must have read your original message late last night with my eyes closed -- sorry for the needless info (for some reason I thought you were asking HOW to convert FLAC).  Media Monkey is still good at volume leveling, though.

And as Bob says, it won't play FLAC in our vehicles so, yes, you'll need to convert.  I'm not as sure about him that it will support the bluebooth playback of the converter you're using, though.  When they say "support" they are also talking about playing in a variety of ways, like the USB drive insertion (which, by the way, is the method I would recommend.  I started off playing off my iPhone but you get MUCH better sound if you don't use bluetooth.  Yes, you will give up a bit of convenience -- I like the Sansa as well -- but since you can put even a 128gb drive in there you can store just about as much music as you'll ever have, at least in mp3 format).