Do you use valet mode?

fazzman

The last couple times i got my car back the radio was changed and the screen. I know it's trivial but don't go mucking about my car you are to only park. But is entering valet mode insulting? That and i don't want them to check my nav history even though i don't have a home destination set.

I don't let anyone touch my vehicles, PERIOD. My brother and I went to a hotel after a Rod Stewart concert back in

the late 70's. I parked my 1969 Nova SS with an LT1 power plant and he gave his key to the valet.

His car was a 1968 Road Runner with a 383. We were in the hotel and spotted his car doing a huge burnout

and drag race session :shift:  on the back street of the hotel. I started laughing at him and told him he should have

parked it himself. The valet was fired on the spot. My brothers a COP :lol2: He was pissed ;) 

Valet's have a bad reputation and most steal anything they can find in your car.

That's funny disney is where they jacked with it. Only certain areas i valet. Depending on the area and the parking situation. Other then that I'm at the back of the lot on a curb. My last car was a mazdaspeed3. I would never valet that due to the manual trans and it being a fast little turbo 4.

Where in Disney?  You know there are on-site properties and there are third party places (where the employees are NOT Disney employees).  You just have to know what is what (and I do, which is why I know who to trust).

I'd be amazed if it was a place where they used Disney cast members as valets (they have changed this quite a bit, as it used to be ALL valets were cast members but in recent years more third parties have taken over).

Oh, and I saw it was in the 70's that it happened to you, so not Disney World (which is the only property I'm familiar with) or at least not with Disney valets (they didn't start using cast members until the 80's).  

Disneyland is a whole other kettle of fish.

Edited by Kelleytoons

Boardwalk in the 70's?  Well, that's before my (Disney) time so I can't say what was happening back then.

However, I'll tell you for sure that *now* the Boardwalk is all third party employees and I would not trust them to park my car (or almost anything else).  The other two places I'd be careful about right now are Swan and Dolphin.  Every other Disney property ought to be okay (except for Disney Springs nee Downtown Disney, which is in a state of flux.  However, even parking yourself there is going to be problematic for the next couple of years.  Your best bet right now is to park at Casting across the street and take a little walk -- safer for a whole lot of reasons).