Cheap Prius For Sale (LOL)

ScubaDadMiami

I meant to imply that the owner may pursue litigation against Toyota over the incident, not that he had done anything suspicious.

Oh, I thought you were going in the direction of arson or something.

If anyone was going to investigate further, the scene is open to all sorts of "contamination." I would think that the insurer would try to preserve everything, and would come get it right away. I think it's still sitting there, so I am guessing that it has been decided that the fire started due to something that they figured out and decided does not warrant carrying across to new builds and recalls of existing vehicles. Still, I would certainly think that they would want to check into everything, and would want to haul the car away ASAP. :headscratch:

There was a house fire in our neighborhood yesterday.  My wife said she heard it was a plug-in Honda that started it.  What do you bet that this won't make the news like the Volt (after crash test) and Tesla (with damaged battery pack) fires that started the lynching of plug in vehicles.  The toaster testers still love them some Honda.