What's the coolest car you've ever driven?

Ruby14SEL

I can't pinpoint just one.. I've driven several but here are a few

A good friend of mine picked up a highly optioned McLaren MP4 12C and as always when he gets a new car asks if I want to come drive it and get some photos and videos. Of course, I never say no. 

The entire chassis is carbon fiber and aluminum. The car has a ton of other carbon fiber as well.. It weighs just over 2,800 lbs. and makes around 600 HP, so needless to say, it's quick! They are said to go low-mid 10's at mid-high 130's in the 1/4 mile in stock form. It stops on a dime as well with the huge carbon ceramic brakes and the wing assisted air brake which feels like a parachute coming out at speed.. It handles better than anything I've ever driven (including Ferrari's, GTR, Corvettes, etc.)

0-60 is about 3 seconds and the top speed is 207 mph.

DSC04029_zps1d4b4b0b.jpg

DSC04023_zpsde2c3b3c.jpg

DSC04034_zps009e1da9.jpg

DSC04042_zpsf552b989.jpg

DSC04027_zpsb80ea255.jpg

DSC04026_zps5a5fb17a.jpg

DSC04028_zps8e22a36b.jpg

DSC04039_zpse9576c02.jpg

DSC04036_zps97c10198.jpg

DSC04032_zpsccade28e.jpg

Unfortunately, my current laptop doesn't have any good editing software so the video isn't the greatest.

[video=youtube]

1959 Porsche convertible, model 356A

Somewhat similar:  http://www.hagerty.com/price-guide/1955-Mercedes~Benz-190SL    This had to be the coolest thing I've driven.

A friend of my dad had married a German woman while station in Europe.  Many years later, he brought this car back to the USA to sell for one of her family members.  He wanted about $9,000 back then (1985) and let me drive it by myself!  It was unrestored, in GREAT condition, and had very low kilometers.  I begged my dad to buy it while I figured out someway to get the $$$ to pay him back (about to graduate college) but not being a "car guy" he declined.   I still think about that car.....  :wub2:   and from time to time remind my dad of the current values ($100,000). :gaah:

My "hottest" ride was not a car but a motorcycle:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ducati_Desmosedici_RR  At $72,000, pound per pound about as pricey as the McLaren!     :spend:  I don't know what scared me the most, the power of this bike (150mph in the 1/4 mile) or the fear that I would drop my friends crazy expensive brand new bike.  I managed to bring it back in piece:

proof.jpg

Edited by fotomoto

I had my dream car for awhile before being forced to sell her --- a 2004 Mystichrome Cobra convertible. I did all upgrades in my garage, which included lowering springs, smaller supercharger pulley for the Eaton, Amazon tune, K&N cold air intake, etc. Car was a blast to drive, and I'm looking to get another one some day. 

The McLaren is an amazing car, but I wish they'd give it an easier name to remember. LOL

DSC01587_zps9ce7576c.jpg

Edited by RobMax