Wrench symbol

RVerAnn

Today a yellow wrench light came on.  It seems to be an intermittent light. The owner's manual says it is a Power Train Charge System Fault.

Our 2014 C Max Energi has 3000+ miles.  We have an appointment for next week at dealer.  Any experience with this problem?  ANN

Might want to search the Energi forum, or google. I found this:

http://fordcmaxenergiforum.com/topic/2073-wrench-icon-powertrain-malfunctionreduced-power/page-2

"Vehicle would not start. Had to unhook battery and reinstall

Wrench light was on previously. See 8641

IDS tested got code P1A0C also had about 10 other voltage low codes. Found TSB 13-06-28 for BCM reprogramming for code P1A0C. Reprogrammed BCM to latest CAL. Also reprogrammed PCM both BECM modules ABS module to latest CAL. Had 1.2 FH in diag and reprogramming all modules need M Time.

Customer states tailgate won't open intermittently with FOB or handle.

IDS tested no codes did not verify concern. Did inspect the tailgate latch assay looks ok. Lubed latch and catch assay. Cleaned tailgate weather strip assay. Did find an update for the rear tail gate module. Reprogrammed module tried tail gate about ten times worked ok every time."

Edited by RobMax

We had the same issue last night.  Came on and stayed on until vehicle was restarted.  We are at about 3000 miles too.

We did just get fuel on Friday night.  Will see if it comes back on today.   Tried the funnel trick this morning and the light did not come back on today.  

We have had the check engine light come on with our Chevy pickup if the fuel cap is not sealed before.  Maybe this is the same thing?  

For the C-Max I am not sure what issues comes on with the check engine light and what the yellow wrench means?  

With 78K mi. I had the wrench light on two mornings in a row. In both case HVB SOC was low from  EV+ ing home. Both times ICE came on immediately so turned off car and turned back on with no wrench. Next two mornings HVB SOC was higher and no wrench. I might get a handle on this if it happens again. IMO  :) 

Paul