Question about Navigation Map Orientation?

We just purchased a 2015 C-Max Hybrid and although this is not our first Ford it is our first Ford Sync/Nav system and our first Hybrid. We have been Garmin fans for years and are Garmin poor. We currently own four Garmins, two in our motorhome and one each in our other vehicles. We prefer to orientate the map display in the direction of vehicle travel so that when we look at the map display the view is towards the destination. All the Garmins we have owned have allowed that but I am not able to find a way to change the map orientation on the Ford Navigation System and the map is always orientated North. Is there a way to change the map orientation on the Ford Nav System?

Bob

From the manual:

"Change the appearance of the map display by repeatedly pressing the arrow button in the upper left corner of the screen. It toggles between three different map modes: Heading up, North up, and 3D."

We always have it set for heading up as well (because we used Garmin and still have it in our Durango).

From the manual:

"Change the appearance of the map display by repeatedly pressing the arrow button in the upper left corner of the screen. It toggles between three different map modes: Heading up, North up, and 3D."

We always have it set for heading up as well (because we used Garmin and still have it in our Durango).

Thanks Kelleytoons, I was hoping that was the case. Guess I missed that. The wife and I are getting a little long in the tooth and there is so much to learn about this new car that we are a little overwhelmed.

Bob

There's a lot to learn, Bob, but the two of you can't be any older than I am and I'm having fun learning it <g>.

68 here. It turns out that the manual in our new 2015 C-Max outlines the procedure you described above but it does not work on our Nav system. Turns out the Nav system has changed and the manual has not caught up. We went by the dealer yesterday and they showed me the little icon on the screen that I needed to press to change the map to "heading" from North. It was there right in my face all the time.

Bob

You and I are the same generation (you're a couple of years older but, hey).

Sorry about the wrong info -- I only had the 2014 manual online (I'm going to guess the new manual is also online somewhere but I couldn't tell you where).  Glad the dealer could find it for you (they are good for some things :>).

It makes sense it has that option as most folks want it, but I'm not so sure why that's not the default (then again, I've never quite understood engineers).

I'm glad you got this figured out, Bob, and congrats on your new C-MAX! In case you're not aware yet, we also have a super helpful site with tons of information to help you learn all about MyFord Touch. Here's the link: 

http://support.ford.com/topics/sync-technology-sync-myford-touch#_

Let me know if you have any questions! 

@Kelleytoons - Thanks for helping (and reassuring) Bob! ;)

Rebecca

I'm glad you got this figured out, Bob, and congrats on your new C-MAX! In case you're not aware yet, we also have a super helpful site with tons of information to help you learn all about MyFord Touch. Here's the link: 

http://support.ford.com/topics/sync-technology-sync-myford-touch#_

Let me know if you have any questions! 

@Kelleytoons - Thanks for helping (and reassuring) Bob! ;)

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca, I will check out that site. I must say this little C-Max exceeds our expectations. As others have said, the car is comfortable with four adults and the view is unobstructed. We were very surprised how well this little car does on the interstate. It feels and rides like a heavier car and the pep is outstanding for such a little four banger.

Bob

Oh my gosh, I know! It's an awesome car. It's such a smooth ride and the back seat is super roomy. I'm short, but even with the front seats pushed all the way back, I still have a massive amount of leg room. I'm still deciding, but my next vehicle will be a C-MAX or an Edge, or maybe both... LOL! 

If you have MyFord Touch questions, just holler! 

Rebecca