MFT quit after scheduled maintenance

rjam

All of a sudden MFT did the scheduled maintenance reboot and when the screen came back I lost radio and all MFT functions. CD will not eject or play,radio does not work, can't hear phone, speakers off they won't even beat when I touch the screen. Did full reset which did nothing to fix it. Anybody. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

I got a C-Max Hybrid 2013. Recently, when I turn off the ignition, the radio would play for two minutes exactly and shuts off by itself. I took it to Ford dealer, the mechanic said it was designed that way to save the battery. Is that true? The radio won't consume that much power. I remember having the radio on in a gas vehicle for an hour with no such problem. A few days ago I happened to spot a C-Max Hybrid 2014 in a parking lot, I approached the driver/owner and asked him to turn on the radio with the ignition off, the radio played for over five minutes without shutting off. Just wonder what causes my radio to shut off after two minutes. Maybe the radio was connected to a timer circuit ..... Any suggestions ?  01-20-2015

Hi

I have 2013 SEL and it will give me the message after a few minutes so I leave the ignition on if I want to listen when parked. Not sure if the battery is smaller or what. Doesn't bother me to much. Would rather the warning than the dead battery. Not much staying or reserve power Inguess.

Has anyone ever taken their car to the drive-in movie theater?  I've never had a problem watching a double or triple feature in any of my cars with regard to battery level but am now concerned that I won't be able to take my C-Max there, or will need to bring a second battery.  

Someone asked the question here once about using their car at a drive-in with the heater on, and how often the engine would run, and IIRC the idea is that the engine would only come on as needed to charge up the battery.

Seems to me your best bet would be to not shut the engine off.  As long as you have EV it will run everything off that, and then the engine will come on briefly to charge things up (that's kind of the situation we were in when stuck for 40 minutes on the freeway at night -- I never turned the engine off but it didn't go into ICE mode more than once or twice, and then only briefly.  And we had our lights and heat on -- I would think that with just the radio going it might never come on during a two or three hour situation).

Edited by Kelleytoons

I got a C-Max Hybrid 2013. Recently, when I turn off the ignition, the radio would play for two minutes exactly and shuts off by itself. I took it to Ford dealer, the mechanic said it was designed that way to save the battery. Is that true? The radio won't consume that much power. I remember having the radio on in a gas vehicle for an hour with no such problem. A few days ago I happened to spot a C-Max Hybrid 2014 in a parking lot, I approached the driver/owner and asked him to turn on the radio with the ignition off, the radio played for over five minutes without shutting off. Just wonder what causes my radio to shut off after two minutes. Maybe the radio was connected to a timer circuit ..... Any suggestions ?  01-20-2015

When I turn off my 2014 SEL the radio keeps playing until I open the door.  Have not tested it to find out how long it would play if I stayed in the car.

My 2013 SEL frequently (but not always) gives the 'shutting down to preserve battery' message a few minutes after turning off the ignition. 

Hi

I have 2013 SEL and it will give me the message after a few minutes so I leave the ignition on if I want to listen when parked... 

Has anyone ever taken their car to the drive-in movie theater?  I've never had a problem watching a double or triple feature in any of my cars with regard to battery level but am now concerned that I won't be able to take my C-Max there, or will need to bring a second battery.  

Someone asked the question here once about using their car at a drive-in with the heater on, and how often the engine would run, and IIRC the idea is that the engine would only come on as needed to charge up the battery...

Hey guys,

I am researching your inquiries, and I will touch base once I have an update.  :)

Tricia