What to Expect at 10K Checkup

shinytop

My last new car was a RAV4.  I could go to the dealership at 9 AM on Saturday for the regular maintenance, sit in a nice room with TV's, coffee, and doughnuts, read my book or surf on my phone and get out in 60-90 minutes.  

Realizing that each dealer may be different I have to ask if the service experience is similar with Ford.  

My last new car was a RAV4.  I could go to the dealership at 9 AM on Saturday for the regular maintenance, sit in a nice room with TV's, coffee, and doughnuts, read my book or surf on my phone and get out in 60-90 minutes.  

Realizing that each dealer may be different I have to ask if the service experience is similar with Ford.  

The Ford dealer I use has six comfortable fully padded chairs with arm rests with TV in an open area just off the lobby, a semi "playroom" for kids with a popcorn machine with similar seating on the other side of the lobby, a "snack" room with free doughnuts and coffee and vending machines with maybe four or five smaller round table with a few high stools around each with TV, several other similar round table and stools near the service and parts counter areas with TV on the wall, and WIFI.

Time spent at the dealer obviously depends on the service to be performed but I've waited as little as 45 minutes for one software upgrade and as long as about 90 minutes for an alignment.  The only problem I have with Ford (not the dealer) is that my car has been to the Ford dealer too many times for recalls and upgrades.  :)

10k:  I dropped my car off for service at 8:45 a.m. and walked the mile to work from the dealership (Brown Bros. in Vancouver)

When I picked up the car at 4:30 p.m. I was informed that "we didn't have time to do the 14S04 recall ".

So almost 8 hours to change the oil, rotate the tires and check the fluids.