What does eco cruise actually do?

SPL Tech

I drove 1200 miles today using eco cruise the entire time and I noticed it doesent appear to actually do anything. The manual says it allows the car to slow down while going up hill to save gas. Well in one occasion I noticed the car went all the way up to one bar short of the yellow zone on Engage while trying to hold 70 MPH going up hill. The most I noticed it would slow down is 4 MPH, about 71 down to 67, but it was still filling most of the bars on Engage trying to hold the car at speed.

It's designed to soften the abrupt throttle changes of standard cruise control functions. It will apply

the required amount of CC to hold speeds, but it's less abrupt and will allow a longer delay to get

to the target speed from elevation change.

I find it most useful on flatter roads that have mild peaks and valley's. It's not really apparent, unless

you're paying attention to it. I use it all the time and find works pretty well.

It will accelerate hard, but it's a kinder gentler CC :noobie:

It's designed to soften the abrupt throttle changes of standard cruise control functions. It will apply

the required amount of CC to hold speeds, but it's less abrupt and will allow a longer delay to get

to the target speed from elevation change.

I find it most useful on flatter roads that have mild peaks and valley's. It's not really apparent, unless

you're paying attention to it. I use it all the time and find works pretty well.

It will accelerate hard, but it's a kinder gentler CC :noobie:

+1.

It is great for returning to speed after a stop.  You can accelerate to 20+ mph then tap Resume and forget about it.  The car will go smoothly back up to speed - about two bars on the gauge.

The only time I don't use it is in heavier traffic where I want to really hold a constant speed so as not to disturb the flow.

If you don't think you eco-cruise works, compare it to conventional cruise control by driving in pairs. My wife and I have done this, on occassion, and eco-cruise drives her nuts, because I'm always speeding up and slowing down just a little bit. Hard to notice when you're driving...

Have fun,

Frank