Hybrid - Battery Power Saver Mode Off

Hi Everyone,

I recently pruchased a certified, preowned 2013 C-MAX hybrid SEL and have a problem. I'm the kind of guy who loves tech stuff, pushing buttons, and getting setting just right. So, the other day (day 3 of ownership), I'm sitting in my car (it's off), in our parking garage, and getting everything setup just right, when all of a sudden I get a message to the effect of battery power saver mode off. The MFT screen gets a progress car on it, and within a minute or 2, the screen turns off. My only option is to turn the car on if I want to contoniue using the screen.
I did some research online, but everything I found kept directing me to people who have a a traditional (non-hybrid) cars, or an electric car. ...so I'm a little lost. -I read a lot of comments about disconnecting the battery and resetting it. ...sounds a bit dangerous for my liking.

I spoke to someone at my dealership (she was the receptionist in the service center, but assured me she knew what she was talking about.) ...after a few minute of jargon she goes off into a crazy rant about how hybrids are computers, and computers will rule all humans one day (I wish I was joking). -Anyway, a customer who was getting some maitainance done overheard my conversation, and said the symptoms my car was having sounded a bit off.

I understand that after a certain amount of time, the battery saver feature would be helpful so I don't drain my battery. However, I dont get that I can't sit in my car and listen to the radio for even a matter of a few minutes with the car off.

One of my favourite pastimes is going to the drive-in movie theater. Their directions are to turn the car off, and switch it to accessory mode. -Am I to believe, that with all the tech my car has, I cant accomplish this simple task?

Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

Thanks for any feedback!

IIRC, the radio will shut off in under 10 minutes.  All of your time references were vague so you probably hit that limit.

Push the power button without your foot on the brake and it will enter accessory mode.   The green car with arrows "Ready" ICON will not be on.  

Personally I would leave the car in ready mode (with everything turned off except radio) at the drive in and try to arrive with a full hybrid battery.  Depending on the hybrid battery SOC (state of charge) you may be able to make it through the entire movie without the ICE starting up.  But if it does, it will only run a couple of minutes to recharge the hybrid battery which keeps the very small 12v battery charged also.  The ICE is very quiet during this mode so I doubt anyone would notice (especially if it's a loud movie, LOL).   If you stay in accessory mode using the 12v battery to power the radio, I think it will run it down.  

In ready to drive mode, apparently the car will continue to have power if you.don't open / close a door.

"Accessory Mode Battery Saver for
Intelligent Access Keys (If Equipped)
If you leave the ignition on after leaving
your vehicle, it will shut off 15 minutes after
you close all of the doors."

I have seen the battery saver message several times also but I have also worked for quite some time (more than 15 minutes) without the battery saver message coming on.  I don't recall whether I used accessory mode or left the car in ready to drive mode with door open since I was getting in / out of vehicle.

Hi Everyone,

I recently pruchased a certified, preowned 2013 C-MAX hybrid SEL and have a problem. I'm the kind of guy who loves tech stuff, pushing buttons, and getting setting just right. So, the other day (day 3 of ownership), I'm sitting in my car (it's off), in our parking garage, and getting everything setup just right, when all of a sudden I get a message to the effect of battery power saver mode off. The MFT screen gets a progress car on it, and within a minute or 2, the screen turns off. My only option is to turn the car on if I want to contoniue using the screen.

I did some research online, but everything I found kept directing me to people who have a a traditional (non-hybrid) cars, or an electric car. ...so I'm a little lost. -I read a lot of comments about disconnecting the battery and resetting it. ...sounds a bit dangerous for my liking.

I spoke to someone at my dealership (she was the receptionist in the service center, but assured me she knew what she was talking about.) ...after a few minute of jargon she goes off into a crazy rant about how hybrids are computers, and computers will rule all humans one day (I wish I was joking). -Anyway, a customer who was getting some maitainance done overheard my conversation, and said the symptoms my car was having sounded a bit off.

I understand that after a certain amount of time, the battery saver feature would be helpful so I don't drain my battery. However, I dont get that I can't sit in my car and listen to the radio for even a matter of a few minutes with the car off.

One of my favourite pastimes is going to the drive-in movie theater. Their directions are to turn the car off, and switch it to accessory mode. -Am I to believe, that with all the tech my car has, I cant accomplish this simple task?

Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

Thanks for any feedback!

Greetings and welcome

You should have your 12v battery tested.

A few weeks after we started receiving that message we had a dead (wouldn't take a charge) battery.

Welcome to the neighborhood, eklman!  :) 

My name is Tricia, and I’m the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representative. I’ll be here to help with any questions or concerns. I agree with wab, and I also recommend taking your new ride to a Ford Dealer to get diagnosed.

In the meantime, I’ll be happy to explore available options to assist on my end. What’s the current mileage?

Tricia