Aftermarket Stereo Navigation Options

Has anyone here done any stereo installations on their C-MAX? I have an SE model with the standard sync system (no mytouch). I have been looking online and haven't seen much info on aftermarket options for this car. What I would really like to do if possible is install a small tablet into the dash (have seen this done on other vehicles). Now I am wondering if I should have purchased one with the mytouch option...

Greeting and Welcome

Take a look at this thread, it's from last year.

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/3977-double-din-dash-kit-is-here/

Have you checked Crutchfield, Cartoys etc?

Here's a link to Crutchfield.

http://www.crutchfield.com/mobile/car/carselector.aspx?info=|1547|15|69&vb=Y&i=&cc=01&stereoselector=&lp=%2fCar%2foutfitmycar%2fcar.aspx

Thanks! Don't know why I couldn't find that. I also didn't know aftermarket stereos would offer Apple CarPlay. That makes it even more tempting. I'll definitely post here if I end up trying it.

One thing I am wondering is what would come of the sync system and the small screen the car has (above where the install kit goes).

One thing I am wondering is what would come of the sync system and the small screen the car has (above where the install kit goes).

Both would become inoperative. In addition, the radio, telephone and compass listings on the left screen on your HUD would not continue functioning as well. All you would get are the energy leaves most likely. Also, you would need a dash kit to install a new headunit, and last I checked no one made one for the CMAX. That might have changed though.

Edited by SPL Tech

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I'd be very hesitant to add any aftermarket radio to this car, due to the way that everything is connected the dash displays and steering wheel controls, as SPL Tech mentioned above. That seems like a nightmare just waiting to come true if you start messing with that particular batch of electronics.

• 6 years later...