Constant tone sounding when in Reverse!

Digital Penguin

Today after taking "Sparky" out for a 56 mile road trip to Jersey ( well actually halfway through my road trip ) the car started to make a loud constant, sustained tone (like a warning tone) when I put the car in reverse.  It still backed up and seemed to function normally. But this is the first time I have heard this sound since taking delivery on 2/4/2015. I know I should probably go out to the car and get the Owner's Manual out the glovebox, but it's 8º outside and I'm being lazy   :) Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tim

I have put 843 miles on the car, using a little more than  11.75 gal of fuel. (the first tank was on the dealer)   :yahoo:

Okay as it was late out and cold, I didn't really look into it until this AM, seems the rear parking sensors were covered in road salt and dirt! ( :rant2: Ugh I really am starting to hate winter in the Northeast ) Used to live in Tahoe and they don't use salt out West!

Cleaned them off = Problem solved and annoying tone gone!  :clapping: 

Thanks and Cheers,

Tim