Mobil 1 Rebate Through May

fotomoto

According to this link, Walmart is a participating vendor.  If so, that means you can get a 5qt jug of Mobil 1 synthetic for about $15!   :happy feet:

http://slickdeals.net/f/7701409-5qt-mobil-1-full-synthetic-motor-oil-from-15-after-12-rebate-in-walmart-stores?v=1

I hate rebates but I'll go for this one.  Note:  limit two per household.    

According to this link, Walmart is a participating vendor.  If so, that means you can get a 5qt jug of Mobil 1 synthetic for about $15!   :happy feet:

http://slickdeals.net/f/7701409-5qt-mobil-1-full-synthetic-motor-oil-from-15-after-12-rebate-in-walmart-stores?v=1

I hate rebates but I'll go for this one.  Note:  limit two per household.    

I went to AutoZone and it turns out they don't give the rebate on the 0-20W Mobil 1 and I wanted the K&N Oil Filter too.  I decided to pay the extra instead of going  with 5-20W Mobil 1. I'm trying to squeeze every MPG I can out of MADMAX  to make 1K miles out of a tank of gas. :) 

Paul

I went to AutoZone 

The link I provided has a list of participating vendors.  Today, I picked up my two jugs of 0w-20  at wal-wart and printed out the rebate form (from the link) which is ready to go in the mail tomorrow.   :waiting:   I might use my in-laws address for a couple more.......  :hi5:

Edited by fotomoto

Mike "

Goodarrow-10x10.png news to know, but as long as I'm covered Ford does my oil changesarrow-10x10.png.  I don't evenarrow-10x10.png know where or how to get to the oil filterarrow-10x10.png or drain plug on Maxus."

Changing yourarrow-10x10.png Oil is easy to do, just jack up the front end of the car and remove lower engine cover.  Oil Filter is at the front bottom of engine compartment  and drain plug is at the bottom of Oil Pan to back. Have a large pan to drain the 4.5qts of oil into, it comes out very fast. I was able to by hand unscrew Oil Filter, this also can be a messy job so make sure Oil drain pan is under it.Clean oil filter mounting flange and Put a little bit of oil on your figure and rub it on rubber gasket of new filter and screw it on hand tight. Tighten oil drain plug with wrench to make sure it won't unscrew.  Get large funnel to put 4.5qts of 0-20W/5-20W oil in oil filler hole at top of ICE. Put Oil Filler Cap back on and run ICE for a minute and shut off.  Then check for leaks at oil filter and oil drain plug. Tighten as necessary, should take around 15-20minutes. Good Luck. :)

Paul

Edited by ptjones

I'll be able to confirm in a few days that Walmart is a participating retailer when I get an email confirmation that my Mobil 1 rebate submitted online here has been accepted and is being processed. I purchased a 5-gal jug of 0W20 online for in-store pickup today.

Even without a rebate at just over $5 a quart, it's still far less expensive than what the dealer charges for full synthetic.

Mike "

Goodarrow-10x10.png news to know, but as long as I'm covered Ford does my oil changesarrow-10x10.png.  I don't evenarrow-10x10.png know where or how to get to the oil filterarrow-10x10.png or drain plug on Maxus."

Changing yourarrow-10x10.png Oil is easy to do, just jack up the front end of the car and remove lower engine cover.  Oil Filter is at the front bottom of engine compartment  and drain plug is at the bottom of Oil Pan to back. Have a large pan to drain the 4.5qts of oil into, it comes out very fast. I was able to by hand unscrew Oil Filter, this also can be a messy job so make sure Oil drain pan is under it.Clean oil filter mounting flange and Put a little bit of oil on your figure and rub it on rubber gasket of new filter and screw it on hand tight. Tighten oil drain plug with wrench to make sure it won't unscrew.  Get large funnel to put 4.5qts of 0-20W/5-20W oil in oil filler hole at top of ICE. Put Oil Filler Cap back on and run ICE for a minute and shut off.  Then check for leaks at oil filter and oil drain plug. Tighten as necessary, should take around 15-20minutes. Good Luck. :)

Paul

Anyone else seeing the "arrow-10x10.png" links to post #1 sprinkled through Paul's post?

Paul, any idea if you did something? just asking...

Frank