Aside from the dealership and aside from my own (which I picked up 2 days ago), this is the first C-Max I've seen in person.  And its a Taxi Cab.  I was wondering when I'd see these replacing the Escape and Fusion Hybrid as well as the Prius Hybrid Taxicabs that are all over the place in San Francisco.  Sorry I could not take more pictures but I had lunch and a coffee in one hand and the phone in the other.

post-217-0-22425100-1354910473_thumb.jpg

Hey, thanks for the photo of the C-Max taxi!  I wonder if a taxi driver can drive a C-Max taxi in such a way as to obtain optimum gas mileage?  I am guessing no, but even then, with the kind of urban stop-and-go driving which I am sure makes up the majority of a taxi's trips, they will be getting much better gas mileage than with a conventionally powered vehicle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just saw a C-Max yellow cab in New York City for the first time this morning.  There are many Escape Hybrid, Prius and Prius V cabs in New York as well.  I thought the C-Max wouldn't catch on in taxis due to less cargo space than the Escape and Prius V, but there is more room than the regular Prius so I guess it's not much of an impediment.   

I saw one in NYC about two weeks ago. I was so surprised that I took a photo of it. NYC carefully regulates what vehicles can be used as a cab and there was just a big competition for the next generation taxi. The two finalists were the Ford Transit and a Nissan that looked very similar. Both were imports and get mileage in the 20s. The Nissan won. I didn't think they would be open to allow other vehicles in after picking the winner in that competition.

The current blend of hybrids should be really good for the City, producing a lot less pollution. Especially considering how much of the time taxis spend idling I don't understand why they didn't pick a hybrid. Even a mild hybrid would be a big improvement.

• 1 month later...
It has now been 3 full weeks since I picked up my C-Max.  I have yet to see a C-Max that is not a taxi.  To date, I've now see 4 different C-Max Taxis on 4 different occassions.  I know they're different vehicles due to them having a different medallion "number."

Come to the south bay, I'm seeing at least a couple a day.  Plenty in Sillycorn Valley.  I've seen a few in Palo Alto as well where I work part-time. When I bought mine in September it was quite awhile before I saw another.  I think I had the first one in the south bay.  No one has come forward to challenge me on that claim of September 20th.