My NAV is awful

I just got back, Galpin installed the TSB update to fix the Nav (so far so good) but my MFT is still showing 3.1.3. I thought this was an upgrade to 3.5.1 - got a call to Galpin to see whats happening here....

Nuthin on the liftgate, its still a SSM advisory. Well, at least my car is shiny clean  :)

By the way, this syncmyride system checker thing sucks, so convoluted and it's on the website end and at the MFT end...never know whats happening, pretty sure its the same guy who wrote the interface, also wrote the MFT navigation...1 word: terrible.

Hmmh...neighbors red Prius looks nice   :drool:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I just got back, Galpin installed the TSB update to fix the Nav (so far so good) but my MFT is still showing 3.1.3. I thought this was an upgrade to 3.5.1 - got a call to Galpin to see whats happening here....

Nuthin on the liftgate, its still a SSM advisory. Well, at least my car is shiny clean  :)

By the way, this syncmyride system checker thing sucks, so convoluted and it's on the website end and at the MFT end...never know whats happening, pretty sure its the same guy who wrote the interface, also wrote the MFT navigation...1 word: terrible.

Hmmh...neighbors red Prius looks nice   :drool:

3.5.1 is only available for new units coming off the assembly line, as of right now they still have no eta on when early adopters are going to get it. Between this and the poor mileage I am serious looking at a Focus Titanium they have on the lot, can probably get better gas mileage and will definitely be cheaper

3.5.1 is only available for new units coming off the assembly line, as of right now they still have no eta on when early adopters are going to get it. Between this and the poor mileage I am serious looking at a Focus Titanium they have on the lot, can probably get better gas mileage and will definitely be cheaper

I think that was the concensus after I searched this forum - no one here has the update yet. Galpin did not call back but I will follow up with them and I will raise hell with them about this. Not fair but I'll see how this TSB goes today. Oh the syncmyride is still a POS, that thing is dumber than dumb. I actually found the XML file that it generates and kept a copy of it.

Well the TSB update didn't work, but the car came back clean and full of gas!  They even took the floor mats out and washed them!  On the bright side, we had warmer temps this weekend and the MPG's are awesome!    We are averaging 48+ right now on every trip!

Here's the latest on my saga, after they replace the GPMS (unit in the antenna, I think).

Okay, interesting results from driving all around Ohio this weekend:

I headed South to the Cambridge area (100 miles) and the Navigation system worked flawlessly!

From there I went to Massillon, and everything worked fine.

From Massillon I went north from I-71 into Strongsville.

At 303 & 71 I started having the same problem, Navigation Loading... but seemed to recover ok

The next day I successfully computed a route from Strongsville to New London, which is about 50 miles east

On the way to New London the map went back into Navigation Loading… until I got a little ways out of Strongsville. Then it recovered and worked fine

From New London back into Strongsville everything worked fine until I got close to Strongsville…. Navigation Loading….

This morning Leaving Strongsville heading east into work, the map immediately rebooted and went into Navigation loading until I got at the same spot approaching I-77, then everything worked perfectly

The only conclusion I can come to is that the Strongsville area is haunted.

Or possibly something may be corrupt in my A3 map, I think.

I have approached Strongsville from the East, West and South. Outside of that area everything works fine.

At least the car's poistion  is displayed properly on the map now

There is definitely something odd going on with this issue. We have a C - Max built mid-February, and the nav accuracy is dead on, I can easily tell what side of the street I am driving on, for instance. The maps are perfect so far, and it even has the new bridges in our area. The directions so far have been perfect, for about a dozen locations in the lower mainland of BC.

I feel horrible for anyone who ended up with the previous version and I understand your frustrations.

Hang in there!

Hi, new here...just got my SEL 3/21.  Mine was built in mid-February, also, and I am experiencing the same offset/bias nav problems others have cited.  As far as I know, mine has the 3.5.1 (see update below) version of software, which is not the current version and not the version in the car I test-drove.  In the test-drive car, there were two noticeable differences: outside temperature displayed alongside clock in 8-inch screen, and a really useful display depicting the instantaneous energy flow among the gas tank, HV battery, engine, electric motor and generator.  And the nav system seemed to work well.  Unfortunately for me, I didn't notice the difference until after I was driving the new car home.  (Dealer had to swap for it.)  If I had, I might have walked instead of buying.  Neither the dealer nor Ford customer service can tell me when the newest version will be available for C-Max hybrids.  BTW, I note that at least one contributor has said the 3.5.1 version would correct the problems I'm having with nav and MFT.  Either it didn't, or I've been given bad info about which software I have!

Update/correction:  Syncmyride.com says my Sync version is Gen2 - v3.1.3.  I am confused...is there a newer version 3.5.1, or is 3.5.1 an MFT version?  Is there such a thing as an MFT "version"?

Edited by SamJ20112

My SEL Hybrid built on 02/07/2013 has the following well-behaved version according to the Ford/Microsoft Syncmyride.com website:

Sync VersionGen2 - V3.5.1

Confirmed installations

DA5T-14D546-BB

DA5T-14D546-DB

DA5T-14F496-AH

DA5T-14F497-AJ

DA5T-14F657-AK

I think that was the concensus after I searched this forum - no one here has the update yet. Galpin did not call back but I will follow up with them and I will raise hell with them about this. Not fair but I'll see how this TSB goes today. Oh the syncmyride is still a POS, that thing is dumber than dumb. I actually found the XML file that it generates and kept a copy of it.

what XML file that it generates, POS or not it is the official ford and MS support site - I do agree, both the product, the support and the site are a SDT's. Don;t expect a call from ford or the dealer, have been promised them and never had one since I got this car back in October. Instead of the 3 biggest lies, we now have number 4 - someone will call you back.

Dealer spent morning going over my Nav system (shows the car off road most of the time).  Technician contacted Ford and was told to replace the GPS module unit to fix the problem.  The part is on order and will probably be in by end of week.  Once replaced, I'll report if it fixed the problem or not.

A few times now my GPS has taken me to an address that I didn't program.  I think I finally figured out why.  After entering an address, you have to hit the "set as destination" button (I don't understand why,...seems redundant).  But the button is not very responsive and instead I think I ended up hitting a part of the map, inadvertently setting a new destination.  Once I realized what I did, I couldn't find a way to get back to the address that I had taken so much time to enter and I had to start all over again.  It didn't show up in the previous destination folder either.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Seems odd that it's so easy to completely erase your address and set a new destination without even a confirmation warning.  And is there a way to quickly look at the address that the nav is taking you to make sure that it's the correct one?  Thank!

A few times now my GPS has taken me to an address that I didn't program.  I think I finally figured out why.  After entering an address, you have to hit the "set as destination" button (I don't understand why,...seems redundant).  But the button is not very responsive and instead I think I ended up hitting a part of the map, inadvertently setting a new destination.  Once I realized what I did, I couldn't find a way to get back to the address that I had taken so much time to enter and I had to start all over again.  It didn't show up in the previous destination folder either.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Seems odd that it's so easy to completely erase your address and set a new destination without even a confirmation warning.  And is there a way to quickly look at the address that the nav is taking you to make sure that it's the correct one?  Thank!

I can't say I have had that happen (I normally use voice), but they do that so you can choose between a destination or waypoint.

Try using voice instead when you are on that screen, just say "Set as Destination"

Dealer got the GPS Module but needs time to install because they have to open up the dashboard to replace the unit.  Scheduled to work on it next week.  Once replaced, I'll let everyone know if it fixed the problem or not.

I got the GPSM module replaced on the 5th and I drove around this weekend playing with the navigation to test it. So far it is working well. I also asked about the 3.5.1 update again while I was there and was told that until it shows up on oasis as a available update for my car there is nothing that can be done.

Edited by CMax

UPDATE:  GPS WORKS - YIPEE - my C-Max is now perfect.  We drove around and it stays on track.  No wandering around in the bushes or off road.

Here is what the work order says:

"Copied the info from the old GPSM on to the IDS.  Removed the ICP & removed the GPMS.  Installed the new GPMS.  Reinstalled the IPC.  Downloaded the info back into the new GPSM."

rtshinn, you are correct.  Once the nav system problem was corrected, I finally could get really excited about the C-Max.  And as I find my mpg is getting better, I feel even better.  We do get emotionally attached to our cars, and particularly, a car that is unique like the C-Max.