Ford brochure rebate

donhak

For anybody considering a C-MAX or has one on order.  A while back I signed up on the Ford site for email updates and information on the Ford C-MAX.  I have started to receive emails and one recently had an additional $750 rebate offer on most Ford vehicles that excluded hybrids.  :banghead:

However, a few days later I received a C-MAX brochure in the mail that includes and a $750 rebate on top on any other incentives in affect that includes the C-Max if purchased before 1/26/2013. :)  The coupon is placed in the brochure to include the printed delivery name and address on the back.

My C-MAX SEL is on order with a scheduled build date of today, 12/11.  It has a tentative delivery date to Alaska is 1/7/2013.  My dealer assured me that they will honor the $1000 rebate that was in effect at the time of order.  I plan on taking in the brochure rebate when I take delivery for the additional discount.  With my original offer this should take the price down roughly to printed dealer invoice.  The dealer will still get their hold back and the rebate money back from Ford.

Every once and a while it pays off to sign up for additional information.

I got the same C Max promotional email, saying thank you for requesting info about the C Max, and a $750 offer that says (in the fine print) that it's not good on the C Max.

It seemed odd to me that they would send an email saying, basically "Here's the info you requested about the Ford C Max" and right below it an offer for "$750 private cash", and then add fine print that says it's not available on hybrids or C Max.  Good to know that there's a chance they'll follow up with a print version that IS good.

I brought my "private offer" in to the dealer the day after I received it.... Which was the day that I picked up the C-Max.  Despite what the brochure said, the dealer said that the rebate was not allowed on the c-max.  I'll be contacting Ford Customer Service in the next few days...

Weak!  If it says exactly what the exclusions are, and the C Max or the generic term "hybrids" isn't listed, then that should be good enough.  I blame the dealer on this one because all they need to do is enter the info into their system and claim it.  They should be your advocate.

I'd be interested in hearing how this turns out. Good Luck!

I agree.  The Private cash offer has a very explicit list of vehicles that are not covered, and the C-Max and C-Max Energi are nowhere in the list.  It also lists what offers it is not compatible with.  The current $1,000 rebate is a public offer available to everybody and may be combined with the private cash, all the dealer has to do is follow the directions for you to claim it with the offer number and your customer Id on the coupon.  The dealer will be fully reimbursed by Ford and it costs them nothing.

The dealer at least should have put it into the system to see if it was accepted.  Hopefully Ford Customer Service can help you.

In defense of the Dealer, he brought it up on the computer and showed me that it was not there for my vehicle. He suggested that I talk to Ford Customer Service about it. He indicated that he will be happy to process the paperwork, If I can talk them into it. I was out of town this week, but will tackle it in the next few days. I'll keep y'all posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the dealer. Asked the manager about the brochure rebate. This guy has been reliable and really seems to know his job, so I think what he told me is accurate.

He began by saying "Let's look it up" and asked for the program number, my ZIP code and name. The offer popped up on his computer screen with my name on it. He looked at the details and said Yes, it's valid on a C Max. He then linked the offer to my computer record and put it on the paperwork in my file. I haven't taken delivery yet, so we'll still have to see if there's any problem.

Next, he explained a little about how the offers work. With the rebate, he said they can order a car and the buyer gets the rebate when the car comes in, even if the rebate has expired by then. They call this "price protection". He said it only works of they, the dealer, put the rebate on the order and on your customer profile thing in the computer.

Private cash, on the other hand, can't be used past its expiration date.

So, if you haven't ordered a car and don't get one under contract by the date the rebate expires, you can't get it. But you can still use the private cash, as long as it hasn't expired.

Obviously anyone who has already ordered a car would be well-advised to immediately order a C Max brochure from the Ford site, if you haven't already. You'll initially get an email that says the offer isn't good on hybrids, but a couple of weeks later you should get a written piece in the mail that is good.

• 5 months later...

So I have to give a huge shout out to this forum thread - you folks just saved me $750! Last week after reading this thread I sent in for some brochures on the chance that I could get a $750 coupon in one. I checked with my dealer today (I have not received the physical brochures yet) and the discount was there!! So cool - so I have X-Plan pricing, $750 rebate from Ford and $750 brochure coupon as well. THANKS!!!

We will be purchasing a Ruby Red SEL with 302A pkg, and pano roof - dealer just confirmed finding it locally and trading with the other dealer. Next week Wifey will be driving Hybrid style, instead of Honda Pilot gas guzzling style :-)

i too signed up to get a brochure for my wife and got the brochure on the car last week and the separate private cash offer from the local Ford dealer (Ken Grody in Buena Park) just came in the mail the other day on a 5x7 postcard.

It says

"Get a $750 private cash** offer on the 2013 C-Max Hybrid and Cmax Energi plug-in hybrid". The ** says it's also good for 2012, 2013 and  2014 cars like  "$500 on Fiesta, Focus, and Focus ST and $750 on most Ford/Lincoln vehicles. NOT available on Fiesta S, Focus S, Focus Electric, Taurus SE, SVT Raptor, Shelby GT500,Mustang Boss 302. May Not be combined with other private or commercial offers, owner loyalty and lease renewal programs. A/Z/D Plan ineligible.Prior purchase not eligible. take delivery from New retail dealer stock by 6/29/13. Claim in VINCENT using code #34292 and customer ID#".

It also states its "above and beyond any current national public offers".

Looks like Xplan is not mentioned so it should be Ok to combine with if you have it.

Funny side note they had a spelling error on the flyer with "the" spelled "teh"  :)

Edited by salsaguy