No sound from MFT Sync system on 2013

I'm curious what people here would advise. My MFT is not producing any sound -- the "Entertainment" section will not "turn on" at all, my voice commands through Sync are not working, navigation audio is not working (though the navigation does work, just no sound, and I can start a call through the dashboard right side "Phone" options but I get no sound.

I've tried a couple of suggestions, such as the "software" to force a hard reset of the MFT system, and doing a reset through the menu options of the MFT system.

My question is, though, it seems like this Issue should be covered under the MFT CSP. Do you feel I am better off just trying to pull the fuses first, try to see if that will fix the sound issue, or am I better off taking the car into my Ford dealer and have them check the system to ensure there is no hardware cause (particularly an issue with the APIM) while it should hopefully still be covered by the warranty extension? Do you think there is a decent chance at it being a hardware issue, or am I wasting my time and should just "reset" (pull, turn the car on, then push in) the fuse? And if you think it is just the fuse, does anyone have a good explanation/diagram/video on which fuses exactly you need to pull.

Edited by raadsel

The CSP extended wartanty is only good for 5 years from purchase date.  Mine expired in 12/2017 and it no longer shows up on the Ford owners sight.  Pull fuses and check continuity with meter before putting back in.   

When I have time, I'll look at wiring diagrams as to which fuses to check.

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer

The CSP extended wartanty is only good for 5 years from purchase date.  Mine expired in 12/2017 and it no longer shows up on the Ford owners sight.  Pull fuses and check continuity with meter before putting back in.   

When I have time, I'll look at wiring diagrams as to which fuses to check.

I understand that FSA 12M02 is close to expiring -- this is part of the reason I'm thinking I should take it in to my Ford dealer. I'm the second owner and not exactly sure when this program ends (when it was purchased + five years) but owner.ford.com shows that it is still active on my vehicle.

Location: BCM Under Passenger Dash - F79 - Audio Control Module (ACM), Front Controls Interface Module (FCIM)

Location: Rear Junction Box - F22 - Digital audio control module

Pulling fuse F79 will reset the ACM and FCIM if those modules are hung up and the cause of the no audio.  If still no audio, then try F22.  I believe that, if F22 is blown, there will be no audio.

Location: BCM Under Passenger Dash - F79 - Audio Control Module (ACM), Front Controls Interface Module (FCIM)

Location: Rear Junction Box - F22 - Digital audio control module

Pulling fuse F79 will reset the ACM and FCIM if those modules are hung up and the cause of the no audio.  If still no audio, then try F22.  I believe that, if F22 is blown, there will be no audio.

I pulled F79, started the car until I saw the "Entertainment not available" message (or something like that) at the bottom of the Red quadrant, where normally it would just say Entertainment. I then turned the car off, went over to the passenger side and re-inserted the fuse. The next time I started the car, after the MFT/Audio system finished powering up the sound was working again. I'm glad to have it fixed but those fuses are in a really inconvenient spot to get to.