touchscreen

grege

2018 hybrid with ~10,000 miles on it.

Odd thing last night when parking - hit the start-OFF button to shut down and the usual interior lighting slowly faded, but the large center touchscreen display stayed illuminated in "dirty gray".

Took a couple on/off cycles to get the car to fade everything to black, but never seen that before.  Anyone seen that or know what that's all about???

Thanks!

Greg

One time I decided to get my registration out of glove box so I went in via passenger door, then started the car in accessory mode or something - pushed the power button enough times to shut things off or so I thought but when I shut both doors the dash cluster screens weren't powering down..I ended up getting BACK in the car through the driver's door as normal then starting the car putting foot on brake, etc. a time or two - then finally it showed the normal displays dimming out and powering down. 

The only time I had the MFT screen act up was that time I documented on here earlier last month - I was playing audio through Bluetooth and just as it was switching a song or something I pushed the button for nav map - the MFT screen froze, about 10 minutes later as I was contemplating pulling off the road to restart the car a timer must have elapsed and decided to restart the APIM - sync ran a disk check and started back up with nav, etc. restored as if nothing had happened.

Yesterday I had a troubling sequence of events.  I got back to my car after a quick errand, and the screen just stayed black.  No controls did anything.  The car was fine otherwise.  I poked the power button at random intervals while driving.

Eventually it lit up with the big SYNC lettering and a note about updating or some such, and in a couple of seconds, my bluetooth audio started playing.  The screen displayed SYNC for what seemed like several minutes, then displayed the "normal" screen.  The Audio never updated the track information; it displayed Unknown until the next podcast started playing.

Disconcerting, but ultimately no trouble.

Yesterday I had a troubling sequence of events.  I got back to my car after a quick errand, and the screen just stayed black.  No controls did anything.  The car was fine otherwise.  I poked the power button at random intervals while driving.

Eventually it lit up with the big SYNC lettering and a note about updating or some such, and in a couple of seconds, my bluetooth audio started playing.  The screen displayed SYNC for what seemed like several minutes, then displayed the "normal" screen.  The Audio never updated the track information; it displayed Unknown until the next podcast started playing.

Disconcerting, but ultimately no trouble.

I've had that happen before, it is very annoying. Last Friday I had my radio quit, and had to pull the fuse to "reboot" the radio. Unfortunately, this likely won't be the last issue you'll have with Sync.